• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Arizonans...

There are a couple of good junkyards over by the power plant I 10 and Alvernon, and a decent one over by Orange Grove and Camino de la tierra

I used to go to the one on orange grove a few times, picked up some interior trim for my pre 98 interior bits and pieces and a drivers side window.

Edit never mind I thought this was for phoenix, I was talking about the location in Glendale on orange wood.

I haven't been on here in years, figured I'd check in, sadly, my 2000CSVT has been sitting dead for years, throw out went out and I had more pressing projects so it sat, by the time I finally got around to fixing it we noticed the coolant had turned to gel in the cooling system and started eating the aluminum, it eat clean through the block inlet under the coil :-(, so it's still sitting I'm my garage, eventually ill have the spare cash for a new motor, but for now it just hides in the garage,

I did however recently pickup a dirt cheap bone stock 99 off Craigslist the seemed to have clogged cats, its currently with Kieth at az Dyno getting MSDS headers and Y pipe installed, should know this week if we fixed its issues, if so ill run it though emissions and maybe have some fun with it before putting it up for sale.

I like the idea of heading up to the pavs ...ill be down next weekend, I just picked up my new toy, a 09 volvo C30 R-Design :-D I think I should show it off ..

I've subscribed to this thread so post back if any of the few of us left here want to try to meet up.

Keep me updated on that 99 you picked up, I might be looking into picking up an SVT next spring. I want to fix up my second Cougar as a DD, but my girlfriend is more open to the idea of me picking up an SVT with the 4 doors instead of another Cougar. I plan on getting it in nice, running condition, maybe we can do some sort of trade next spring if you were interested in going over to the Cougar side. :)

I can say right off nope to a trade, I've never liked the cougars, sorry,

but ill let ya know what happens with it when I get it back in the next week or so.

If the headers don't fix it's issue I'm just going to get rid of it, even if the car doesn't run I just put $1200 of MSDS exhaust gear on it so that's worth something lol or it'll become a parts car for my 00 ill steal the skirts and the interior .

I own 5 cars right now and that way too many lol

I wasnt out there this weekend, my sons birthday today. Im gonna try and drive by next weekend after work on the 14th

Sent from I dont know where!

It was actually a decent turnout, considering it was scheduled to rain all weekend, I should be able to make it out next week, let me know if your headed out.

I'll just casually necro an 8 year old thread..... but how's everyone going? And who's still around?

Nothing has changed with my CSVT... it's still in the garage with a rebuilt tranny sitting next to it. I was hoping to get it back together before it got hot again.... but I'm at least hoping to before the year is up. I can't recall the last time I saw a CSVT on the road!

My current daily is a 2017 Focus RS. I picked it up less than a year ago and I've been spending a lot of time on it. It's also getting me back into the mood to work on the Contour again.

It would be cool to meet up with anyone who's around!

No AZ CEGers around anymore? :(

I've actually seen a red one parked along Bell Rd and around 26th St. I don't know if it's drive-able... or if the owner is on here though.

Back