• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

April 16th: 2nd Annual Central Illinois SVT's Meet

I talked with one of my coworkers that lives here in town, and he will be joining us at my place before heading over to Peoria. He has a Shelby GT500 that has more power than when new. One of my neighbors on the cul-de-sac may also roll with us. Now he has to decide which Mustang to take... the old one from the mid/late 60's or the newer GT that he has modded a little.

I might drive my new FREE SVT down...... Not to show though - she's UGLY! :laugh:

So far I only paid for gas and food to go get it. I replaced the starter and some coolant lines with some I had laying around. I finally got the car to try and crank. It looks like the serpentine belt isn't rotating even though the crank is spinning a little. So, I suspect a locked up alternator, power steering pump, or AC compressor and if that fixes the starting issue then all it needs is a battery, door speakers, and TLC on the rust by the rear wheels and bottom of the doors :cool:. Car isn't crashed or anything either. Has 70% tread tires, Koni ajustable gas shocks, and H&R springs :D.

Just a crummy cell pic:

826b11523595_ca01ae71-f83f-406a-9df6-d47559b59989.jpg

So far I only paid for gas and food to go get it. I replaced the starter and some coolant lines with some I had laying around. I finally got the car to try and crank. It looks like the serpentine belt isn't rotating even though the crank is spinning a little. So, I suspect a locked up alternator, power steering pump, or AC compressor and if that fixes the starting issue then all it needs is a battery, door speakers, and TLC on the rust by the rear wheels and bottom of the doors :cool:. Car isn't crashed or anything either. Has 70% tread tires, Koni ajustable gas shocks, and H&R springs :D.

Just a crummy cell pic:

826b11523595_ca01ae71-f83f-406a-9df6-d47559b59989.jpg

Wow.. I called him but you beat me to it. lol. Are you going to keep it or part it out?

Not parting it out if the motor and trans are ok. If I get it running good I will fix the body, maybe paint the car fuscia pink with two silver 8" stripes going down the center of it.

Jolly - I actually did miss out on this car. I was 2nd in line for it. Lucky for me the people that had dibs on it couldn't get it started to drive it home, so they had to leave it behind. I'm happy to have it not for profit but to save it from being parted if it really is OK.

So should I bring this down to the show or EGPLNT?

PS to Jolly, this car was listed in the open forums here, so it could have been yours ;)

Hey guys heres the skinny.
98 CSVT silver w blue interior. 171xxx miles. Has a trans/shifter problem the shifter is loose i believe it to be the bushing because it will still will go into gears if u play w it. It needs a battery. Car was my dependable daily driver until i bought my other contour last fall, and this one sits. Im done working on the car as simple as it may be is up to u to figure out tow it away get it running whatever i have no need for it.

it has tokiko adj and hr ( garbage) springs ..and the motor mounts were replaced all 4 yrs ago. reason i say garbage is because this car is very unforgiving on IL streets!

Car has new infinity speakers in it. You pull the speakers and give them to me car is free, if not theyre yours for PM FOR PRICE w the car. I will mess up the doors if i pull them out this is why im not going to bother.

Like i said come get it
forgot to add , when i parked the carin fall the engine ran fine! now i tried to put my new contour battery in it to start it and it wouldnt turn over! it just killed the battery, im thinking maybe its the cheap everstart battery i was using but either way done working on it.

That car needs a lot of tlc. Have you fixed the trans yet? Also the trunk had a lot of water in it as well as the doors.

I think there may be a second GT500 meeting up with us at my place, this one is a convertible. Both are blue with white stripes, as are my neighbor's two mustangs. The owner of the convertible lives up the street from me but I didn't know it until he posted in the thread on SVTPerformance.com .

So, to try and get a roll call of who is planning to meet here, I'll start a list (first four are myself and three locals):

1 Bob - SoundQ SVT
2 Hank - GT500 convertible
3 Matt - GT500 Coupe
4 Joe - Mustang GT

1 Bob - SoundQ SVT
3 Matt - GT500 Coupe
4 Joe - Mustang GT
5 Joe - blu_fuz - '95 Ford Contour

1 Bob - SoundQ SVT
3 Matt - GT500 Coupe
4 Joe - Mustang GT
5 Joe - blu_fuz - '95 Ford Contour
6 Alan-Bossdogg-'99 CSVT

I thought there was more interest than this.... it is 2 weeks away!

Time to get my SVT out of the garage and running again for the first time since early November.

Back