• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anywhere that people read engine codes for free?

m4gician

Hard-core CEG'er
I think mister transmission reads engine codes for free, but that's with a product or service. Is there somewhere where they can get an OBD-II computer hooked to a car in the GTA or surrounding area and read my codes? I'm sick of having to count on a shady mechanic and a dealer that feels his computer is more sophisticated than anyone elses.

Yeah if you have problems often enough, its likely worth the money to buy one and not have to worry bout "shady mechanics" or dealers. Crappy Tire has them on sale often enough. Keep an eye out and pick one up.

I think mister transmission reads engine codes for free, but that's with a product or service. Is there somewhere where they can get an OBD-II computer hooked to a car in the GTA or surrounding area and read my codes? I'm sick of having to count on a shady mechanic and a dealer that feels his computer is more sophisticated than anyone elses.

I was just thhinking that myself, there's a mr transmission close to me but have never had the time to go as of yet. thanks for the replies guys, I'll look out for one at crappy tire.

Back