• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

anyone meet locally to go crusing?

Darkcrimedc

CEG'er
Just curious if any of you SE Michigan guys cruise telegraph, woodward, gratiot, or anything else weekly?

I'm usually out on telegraph friday/saturday nights.

You better not be one of those jackoffs I can hear from my porch doing burnouts and s**t... :D

hehe, it depends on where you live.... burnouts, only for the telegraph cruise, the and s**t, not sure whatcha mean by that. :laugh: heh, j/k

I do enjoy a nice wot at a light with another car next to me.

hehe, it depends on where you live.... burnouts, only for the telegraph cruise, the and s**t, not sure whatcha mean by that. :laugh: heh, j/k

I do enjoy a nice wot at a light with another car next to me.

I'm at West Chicago and Telegraph... I hear it all. The burnouts, the WOT runs between West Chicago and Joy, the drag races over on Outer Drive. I just find it hysterical that all week long you can't avoid a Redford Township cop on Telegraph and then as soon as nightfall hits on Friday and Saturday night, it's a f**kin' free-for-all out there. :D

I'm at West Chicago and Telegraph... I hear it all. The burnouts, the WOT runs between West Chicago and Joy, the drag races over on Outer Drive. I just find it hysterical that all week long you can't avoid a Redford Township cop on Telegraph and then as soon as nightfall hits on Friday and Saturday night, it's a f**kin' free-for-all out there. :D

I was going to guess either there or joy/tele is where you lived. I work on tele between plymouth and w/chicago.

When I cruise it's usually between ford and 94 on tele. Try not to go north too much because of the cops there. Not into hangin out at Joy/tele anymore, too much crap goes on there.

I was going to guess either there or joy/tele is where you lived. I work on tele between plymouth and w/chicago.

When I cruise it's usually between ford and 94 on tele. Try not to go north too much because of the cops there. Not into hangin out at Joy/tele anymore, too much crap goes on there.

So were do you guys normally meet up on tele then?

That's because Redford = Deadford. Any one who has lived here knows it by "Deadford". The township motto is "gateway to the suburbs" but it's more like "gateway to the ghetto". I don't think the Redford cops care much. There's nothing to do here. You have to go to Detroit, Novi, Westland, or Livonia if you wanna do anything. So people resort to racing and what-not, because we've got nothing better to do. I don't do racing though, not my thing. Not to mention, I'm rarely in the area anymore, with the exception of this weekend.

Redford cops certainly care about writing tickets on Telegraph, though... and that was my point. All those shenanigans on weekend nights would be like shooting fish in a barrel for them.

Has nothing to do with the fact that Redford is boring. I've been there long enough to know that.

I don't race in Redford. There are always cops there (underpass on tele just south of 96)... Honestly, lately there are always cops everywhere on telegraph now-a-days. What can you do... Not race I guess ;)

I don't race in Redford. There are always cops there (underpass on tele just south of 96)... Honestly, lately there are always cops everywhere on telegraph now-a-days. What can you do... Not race I guess ;)

Racing is evil.......okay i'm lieing.

Speeding on tele and getting away with it is impossible. especially at night time. They hide everywhere. It drives me nutts :crazy:

Honestly, in the last year, I've raced in front of cops 3 times without being caught. Each time the cop came up next to me, hung with me for a minute, then took off. Couldn't believe it. 1 time in redford, 2 times in dearborn/dearborn heights.

Back