• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone looking for an SVT ?

Buddy Palumbo

Hard-core CEG'er
No , this is NOT my SVT - but it IS at a dealership , so time may be of the essence , which is why I posted it like this rather than in the local classifieds .
I finally got around to reading this week's Auto Locator (came out friday) - and I saw this ad (typed ver batum) :

1998 Ford Contour SVT , 5 spd , 6 cyl , sunrf , lthr , p/seat , alloys , cd player , $5,995 , Auto Traders International , 717.738.4000 , Ephrata

I apologize for posting the price & all , but I'd hate for a local CEG'er/enthusiasts not get the chance to scarf up a CSVT . From what I can see in the ad's pic , it's a T-Red E0 with soft-spoked CSVT wheels and does not have a spoiler (wasn't offered then) . Being a '98 it has midnight blue interior . It appears to be bone stock and tint-less . The pic is pretty small (3/4" x 1.5") , so I can't see really great details , but it looks fine (everything seems to be where it should be ;) ) . There are no mentions of mileage anywhere , as you can see .
If you're interested in it , I'd call Auto Traders International ASAP , as CSVT's don't seem to last long around here .The place is about 1/2 hour or 45 minutes away from me , so if you're seriously interested in it , I'll go & look at it in person . At this point , if I don't get out there tonight to look at it , my next free moment to look at it is on sunday - just lemme know .

Again , sorry for posting the ad w/price :eek: - just wanted to give a full heads-up .

Before anyone goes, pm me. I am in ephrata every day and I drive by this place.

Edit: They are 1,200 address boxes down the street from where I volenteer.

I just called... it's gone already.
:(

Back