• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

anyone in vegas?

i can also support a shop.. and tools.. (including cutters, welders, ect.) its at my old school :) he says im aloud to go there when ever i want.. got four lifts :) so i just need someone with the experience and stuff to get them off.. -_-

so far we've got 3svts and an SE. vegas represent!!! i'll keep bumping this thread till we get btween 5 n 10 tours. i know they're out there.

1) tourenvy
2) MARXSVT
3) dingleberry
4) BAD SVT
5) ???...

An hour of labor for replacing the exhaust manifolds? I would say much longer than that.

dingleberry: have you thought about replacing them with headers? I think OEM manifolds are pretty expensive (due to precats). If I remember correctly, you could get headers, have them coated, and get MIL eliminators for about 1/2 the cost of OEM manifolds.

An hour of labor for replacing the exhaust manifolds? I would say much longer than that.

dingleberry: have you thought about replacing them with headers? I think OEM manifolds are pretty expensive (due to precats). If I remember correctly, you could get headers, have them coated, and get MIL eliminators for about 1/2 the cost of OEM manifolds.

oh. my mistake. wasnt paying attention really. for some reason i had cat converter in my head. my mistake.

SE? im no SE... lol.. oh well.. blah.. i kinda wanna do the work but i kinda dont.. cause if i replace the exhaust manifolds.. i'll be tempted to buy a new y pipe with no cat from trubendz and then it'll go all up hill from there lol...

If you don't want to do the headers and want to keep it cheap, you could just gut the precats and use the MIL eliminators. That would be quick(er) and cheap.

What about emissions testing? Would gutting the pre-cats affect my emissions when I go to renew? This is Las Vegas BTW.

am not sure actually. i know vegas has one of the most lax laws when it comes to emissions. thats one reason i live here, not in cali. Oh the meet at team ford would be GREAT! i'm so there. hook it up bill. Now i'll have to call u everyday till this is done ;)

Back