• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

anyone in nw burbs il with a bearing press?

compudude86

CEG'er
looking for someone close who has a bearing press, I will soon be in major need of new wheel bearings (already getting louder) but I cant bring myself to find hundreds of dollars to take it to a mechanic and have them do it. any help out there?

yeah, im gonna have to look around, hopefully I can do it at school in a few weeks (going to get AAS in automotive and ASE mastertech!) and I'm sure the shop would have to have a press, and a lift to make this all easier!

If you take the knuckle off and buy a bearing...a shop only charges ~$25 to press each one in...
If you're not going to do it yourself...
Do some looking around, and be clear on what you're looking for! I had my local auto parts shop do it. They would only use their bearings (Nationals @ $40 each which RockAuto has for $30) and they charged $40 per side to put on! When I called, they said it would be $40... When I got there, he charged $160+. I was like "wtf?" and he said it was $40 per side, $40 per bearing, blah blah blah...
Erick --

Well the right finally failed to the grinding bearing, so I found a shop through some connections that did it for the low low cost of free. Now comes reassembly!

Back