• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone have pics of Optilux 2500 Hella Angel Eyes?

mixtape

CEG's Most Wanted
These look kinda nice :). How hard is it to install them? I'd probably have just the halos come on with parking/headlights and then the actual fog bulbs connected to the stock switch. Can I patch the LED ring directly into the headlight wiring or should I use a relay. I'm sure the LED ring doesn't use much power but I don't want to go blowing fuses. Any tips would be great.

It looks like most of the info for these fogs was on the old site. Which sadly is inaccessible now :blackeye:.

Anyone have pics? Preferable at night with only the headlights and halos on (fogs off)? I believe 4" is the CSVT size :shrug:?

I guess I can go 2 ways with the halo lights to have them come on with parking and headlights:

Relay Style:
haloinstallation.jpg

Just patching in:
haloinstallation2.jpg

Or is there a certain fuse I can patch into under the hood to prevent cutting into the stock parking light wire?

hmmm those do look pretty cool :cool:

I think they look simply amazing. Though I was hoping to see a Contour with these lights. Here's a Dodge with them :drool:.

Now all I need is a way to wire em' up :). Oh and also to confirm that the CSVT uses the 4" size.

ive got them on my car ill post pics if you like they are good and the fit on the stock buckets but there is some minor problems installing them cuz they dont fit threw the stock holes but other then that there great no problems ..and i ran mine to the stock harness and i just added a wire from the halos to the headlight switch so they come on when the parking lights are on ...pm me if you need to kno anything else

These look kinda nice :). How hard is it to install them? I'd probably have just the halos come on with parking/headlights and then the actual fog bulbs connected to the stock switch. Can I patch the LED ring directly into the headlight wiring or should I use a relay. I'm sure the LED ring doesn't use much power but I don't want to go blowing fuses. Any tips would be great.

It looks like most of the info for these fogs was on the old site. Which sadly is inaccessible now :blackeye:.

Anyone have pics? Preferable at night with only the headlights and halos on (fogs off)? I believe 4" is the CSVT size :shrug:?

ive got them on my car ill post pics if you like they are good and the fit on the stock buckets but there is some minor problems installing them cuz they dont fit threw the stock holes but other then that there great no problems ..and i ran mine to the stock harness and i just added a wire from the halos to the headlight switch so they come on when the parking lights are on ...pm me if you need to kno anything else

PICSS!! :cool:

Thanks man. I'm glad you had luck with these. They look amazing on other cars so I can't wait to see some pics of yours. So how did you get around the lights not fitting through the stock holes? Please tell me a spade bit or drill wasn't involved :shocked:.

Also, where exactly did you tap into the power? If you don't mind, could you post pictures of where the halos connect? Sorry, I'm a visual learner :rolleyes::laugh:.

Thanks man. I'm glad you had luck with these. They look amazing on other cars so I can't wait to see some pics of yours. So how did you get around the lights not fitting through the stock holes? Please tell me a spade bit or drill wasn't involved :shocked:.

Also, where exactly did you tap into the power? If you don't mind, could you post pictures of where the halos connect? Sorry, I'm a visual learner :rolleyes::laugh:.

as for the wires just tap the ground from the angel eyes to the ground from the light with wire tap..then cut factory harness and hook up both postyive and negative together then you got the angel eye wire left just ran that into your car to the headlight switch and done ...and as for putting them on my car didnt come with fog lights :shrug:the guy i bought it from said it didnt come with them so had to buy everything but heres pics of them after.....and the kit comes with the bosch relay i used that for my pioneer din or you can sell it alot of people with pioneer din needs this relay to play movies..so you can make liek $15 back for just the relay cuz you dont need it

DSCF0140.jpg

DSCF0141.jpg

stock lights with angel eyes on
HPIM0346.jpg

HPIM0345.jpg

hid kit installed with angel eyes on
HPIM0340.jpg

HPIM0339.jpg

both my cars beside eachother

those are............:drool:

I can't agree more! They look amazing. Did you change low beam bulbs from the first picture to the last? They look stock in the first pic and more blueish or brighter white in the others. :shrug:

if you read under the pics the first pictures the lights were stock then put hid kit in the last pictures.. (8000k)

Sorry, the resolution of my monitor practically skipped over that text. Sorry I didn't catch it the first time. Looks amazing though :drool:. HIDs seem to be a must to match the halos.

Good luck keeping them in there for more than a few months without the lens breaking. They have glass lenses. I gave up after replacing them 3 times.

Good luck keeping them in there for more than a few months without the lens breaking. They have glass lenses. I gave up after replacing them 3 times.

????what lens breaking ive had these since last winter and i was driving around with them and they stil work perfect???:shrug::confused:its been about 1 yr now in about 3 more months...the only thing im thinking of changing is opening them up and buying an hid kit for them and puting it in

I have these on my car as well. I've had them in for over a year now without an issue. One of the bulbs just went out and i'm thinking of looking for some yellow bulbs for them. They're much brighter than the stock fogs. I'll try to find some pics.

Edit: here u go
20563660022_medium.jpg

20563660023_medium.jpg

20563660021_medium.jpg

I have these on my car as well. I've had them in for over a year now without an issue. One of the bulbs just went out and i'm thinking of looking for some yellow bulbs for them. They're much brighter than the stock fogs. I'll try to find some pics.

funny thing one of mine went out and i hit the bumper and it started working again :laugh:

Back