• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anybody know what rims these are

focus have camber adjustment to pull that off, Contours do not. Rexxdoggy is optimistic, but he knows deep down it will look retarded lol. DO NOT PUT WHEELS ON THE CAR THAT STICK PAST THE FENDER.

This looks retarded...and this is how it would look

5500396456_fe287c4073_z.jpg

This, does not look retarded, and im sure this is what you WANT it to look like, as would I and a bunch of other members:

hellaflush_8_008.jpg

oh Yea,i see what you are saying ,and no i do not want it like that yellow car lol that is kinda 80s lowrider style ,and you know exactly what im saying with that green preludes rims if we could find the perfect rim to do that it would make the tour look pretty cool imo....and different

I'm not hating on stanced thing but here goes my outlook on the topics

1.seems like you would've horrible tire wear
2.Unless it's a car u only drive around on weekends seems totally impractical.
3.I would love to see the underneath of these stanced cars and how beat up they probaly are.
4.What happens when u hit a pothole at 60-70mph with a where/tire that is basically sitting on the fender? rolled fenders are not there are some vw's that i've seen where i think to myself how could u possibly drive it?
5.The whole stanced ,roof rack,trying to squeeze a 11 inch wheel on a fwd craze thing puzzles me.
7.The idea of driving around a car that rubs,scrapes,cant turn the wheel lock to lock doesn't sound like fun. Ive had people say ohhh well you've to do this and that to make it work???yea ok a car sitting 1 inch off the ground doesn't leave alot of room to do anything. My friend has a stanced vw gti and it has to be one of the worst riding car ive ever ridden in. Bumpy,extremely stiff and cant go 90% of the places a normal car should.

Once again im not hating because if that's what u want to do that's fine. Just seems totally useless IMO.... I've had a slammed cars before and in the end it was a total mess from balljoints/tierods wearing fast etc . So many other things i could comment on but i'll leave it as that. :)

Yea i only drive my CSVT like 1 to 5 times a month,im kinda bored with it,lol........ive had my 97 240sx slammed to the ground i never scraped anything except the lip occasionally on drivways.....ive been driving slammed cars since i was 19 like around 1998 it does take getting use to im 33 now and cant drive a unslammed car,its just a wierd feeling like im going to flip over,i tried to drive my daily 99 accord stock height but i couldnt do it over a month,had to lower it and still isnt low enough lol its just what im use to a bumpy stiffer ride,driving would be boring without it lmao

Don't let Sean discourage you STILL! Lol but here's the thing. You'll need a stretched tire. It will not poke out as far as the yellow car but it will poke a tad bit, but that's where a fender roll and pull will handle in minimizing the look of poke. It does not look right on cars that have gap, so slammed is the answer. So if you're going for wide, either make sure it's flush, or slam it to the ground and modify the fender lines where needed if you're trying to avoid the look of poke. Sean is just someone who dislikes poke very much. Poke isn't bad if you know how to work with it and depending on how much. Remember though, if you're getting Cobra Reps but don't like poke, slammed, pull and stretch is the answer.

Don't let Sean discourage you STILL! Lol but here's the thing. You'll need a stretched tire. It will not poke out as far as the yellow car but it will poke a tad bit, but that's where a fender roll and pull will handle in minimizing the look of poke. It does not look right on cars that have gap, so slammed is the answer. So if you're going for wide, either make sure it's flush, or slam it to the ground and modify the fender lines where needed if you're trying to avoid the look of poke. Sean is just someone who dislikes poke very much. Poke isn't bad if you know how to work with it and depending on how much. Remember though, if you're getting Cobra Reps but don't like poke, slammed, pull and stretch is the answer.

Yea i dont mind slammed,ill proly have to get me some ground controls and konis on full stiff to eliminate suspension travel,lol...im always down for a slam,my csvt was cheap and isnt perfect so i dont mind rolling and pulling the fenders either,im more optimistic i think it can be done and and look decent its worth a shot.....im sure i will like it,i like the mild stretch look belgium style ftw lol

Well, if you're down to do it, go for the Cobra Reps. I'm getting them and doing it, too. Besides, if the rears don't work out like I think, I have these spare mounts for the rear to modify to camber about -2* more.

Well, if you're down to do it, go for the Cobra Reps. I'm getting them and doing it, too. Besides, if the rears don't work out like I think, I have these spare mounts for the rear to modify to camber about -2* more.

cool yea when i start on the svt im might order 2 at a time lol......and hit up a used tire shop and get one stretched and see how it looks on the car maybe i can find one with a decent offset

Back