• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Any guesses?

cuda06

Veteran CEG'er
I will be running the barracuda tonight in the 1/8th. Anyone want to guess some numbers? I have had the car for almost eight years now and this will be it's first trip to the strip.

Here is some basic info to make guesses with:

68 barracuda
engine - 72 340 with edlebrock ld340 intake, stock 68 4 barrel carb, long tube headers and 2.5" duals and a very mild cam

tranny - small block 727 with a mild shift kit

rear end - 8 3/4 with 3.55 sure grip

tires - 245-45-17 BFG comp T/A

Nobody wanted to take a stab at it huh. Oh well, prepare to be disappointed anyways.

I only have one slip since they were working some bugs out of the system tonight.

60ft 2.4281
330 6.9031
594 9.9102
1/8th 10.5852 @ 66.66mph

Oh well, I guess that just means I'll have to dump some money into the cuda now. Maybe stroke the 340 out to 408...

It should be able to put down way better 60s. Most of it is my fault as this is the first time I have ever had the Barracuda out to the strip and have had absolutely no practice launching it. Hopefully those times will get significantly better soon. I should be able to get some times with the CSVT and rx-7 in the near future too.

It should be able to put down way better 60s. Most of it is my fault as this is the first time I have ever had the Barracuda out to the strip and have had absolutely no practice launching it. Hopefully those times will get significantly better soon. I should be able to get some times with the CSVT and rx-7 in the near future too.

Oh gotcha... Thats about what I did for 60's my first time to the track with the contour.... Not real proud of them either though :eek:

whats the 1/8 on that CBR1000?

.....that one would probably be around mid to high 6s with me running it and low 6s from someone familiar with dragging bikes on it. I should have some new numbers to post up this weekend. They will be from the csvt though. :cool:

Back