• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Another one going.

davidw99

New CEG'er
My son's 1999 Contour (car is named George) has reached the end of the line. It has body rot where the rear stabilizer bar attaches to the body. My mechanic advised not to drive it. Many bad sounds coming from the rear end when it is driven. It also has exhaust fumes seeping into the passenger compartment. No exhaust noise so I'm not sure where the leak is. My son is working in Alaska (I'm in New England) and doesn't want to put any more money into it. I can't blame him. He inherited it from my father when Dad died. My father bought it one year old in 2000 with 29,000 miles on it. He put about 10,000 on it in five years. We put another 40,000 on it in nine years. The odometer just went over 80,000. Any way, I turned in the registration and called the Salvation Army to pick it up. I guess it will be auctioned and likely become a donor/parts car. Kind of sad. Hard to believe we've had it for nine years. I've posted a picture.

Attachments

• photo15781.JPG
    photo15781.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 0
It's all about the memories...and hopefully they fix it and give it to a needy family. It's got low miles...the rot can be a killer, though.

Motors not even broke in yet! Hopefully they can fix her up and someone could get many more years out of her

Back