• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Another craigslist retard

Using Mondeo parts on your Contour could be considered EDM style, or European domestic market. At the same time, a Mondeo owner could use Contour parts and call it ADM, or American Domestic market.

You cannot buy parts for a car not sold in Japan, and claim they are JDM.

Are you dense? If "JDM" is a style, as you say, then any parts made in that style can be made by any company for any vehicle.

NO. JDM is the body style used in Japan. Since there was no Cougar in Japan, then there was no different body style for it, and therefore no JDM.

Hence why civic owners differentiate between 'JDM' and stock, or 'American Domestic Market'.

I admitted it was. Its the stock body style for japanese cars.

JDM has nothing to do with body stye.
By Def. as stated here~it is Jap Dom Market. Soley meaning made and sold for the Jap. Dom. Market.

Because, both body styles are a lot alike, with some changes depenind on its own markets current and projected trends. But still the term has nothing to do with the style just where its made.

JDM as defined by Wikipedia...

at the bottom it touches on the STYLE JDM...

"...In automotive culture, JDM refers to a style of modifying automobiles, mainly cars of Japanese origin.[citation needed] The cosmetic style of components is often preferred[who?] over pure function.[citation needed] True JDM components are also preferred[who?] over Japanese aftermarket parts.[citation needed] An example of such a preference is the import of used Japanese engines to North America to be put into Honda, Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, Subaru and Mitsubishi sports and street cars for higher performance outputs.[citation needed]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Domestic_Market

There was/is no Cougar for the Japanese market. Therefore, no parts for it were released in Japan so it is not a 'JDM' hood.

Yes you are absolutly correct , this particular car was not released in Japan, the last countrys its offered in for new production is Europe, USA, and france, BTW released in frace as the Ford Cougar.

But i have to say my point of this discussion isnt that anything was made JDM for their specific market, just that it is now a style/trend....

So yes it should have a better term,
But when someone sees any car other than muscle and it has body kits, rims, lights, hood, wing... The terms that come to mind are...
Ricer, Import, JDM, Rice Rocket, Rice Burner... ect. So as a style set off by this Type of group it has become its own trend spilling over to not just Jap. cars but to everyone every where, both import and domestics can be called anyone of those and people will instantly know what style of mods you are talking about.

Wikipedia is written by anybody, and as you can see, there are no citations. If a 'drifter' body style is made in Japan then is it 'JDM' style, or 'drifter' style.

JDM is the stock body style that comes with the cars in Japan. The Integras sold in Japan come with the 'JDM' body style. When cars in America have a JDM style body they are using the parts that come stock on Japanese models.

94059c017ef22996
e0e1f61b7b245952
fdac858eaa9449d0
52e282bbedee80a8
ec1e904e47ab2bea

5ef5d378320e09a0
31cea33dd2daec14
b0d98a91b1f217cc
23f63a9e467d3c3c

When looking at any of these cars doesnt JDM/ Ricer or what ever , come to mind?

...I give up.

I agree... You can only explain so much before its time to walk away.. Some people will only believe what they want to, Wich is ok.. I have been a part of the import world and mostly anyone who has will agree that it is not only a trend, but a style and a culture.

THE END.

what a lovely story, whats next

It is a good idea to question what you find on wikipedia. Anybody can make :censored::censored::censored::censored: up and post it on wikipedia, therefore making it an unreliable source.

Ah, thank you for explaining to me the concept of Wikipedia. For the second time in this thread.

You people are missing the point of Wikipedia - it's not one guy posting whatever crap he wants. It's constantly peer-reviewed and checked for accuracy. Obviously it's not 100% correct 100% of the time, but it's typically quite reliable. And think about it - which would you rather trust: A website that's constantly being reviewed and updated by a multitude of different people, or a single web page written by a single person at a point in history that's not exactly clear?

Ah, thank you for explaining to me the concept of Wikipedia. For the second time in this thread.

You people are missing the point of Wikipedia - it's not one guy posting whatever crap he wants. It's constantly peer-reviewed and checked for accuracy. Obviously it's not 100% correct 100% of the time, but it's typically quite reliable. And think about it - which would you rather trust: A website that's constantly being reviewed and updated by a multitude of different people, or a single web page written by a single person at a point in history that's not exactly clear?

And it clearly has to be true since it has no citations.

Back