• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Alpine HU install, Check my work please.

SVTJON87

Hard-core CEG'er
I need help wiring the Alpine CDA-117 HU harness to the factory adapter harness. here is what i have, let me know if i am wrong.

Alpine Harness:
Yellow- Battery
Black- ground
Red- Ignition
Orange- Illumination
Pink/ black- Audio Interpret (Not used)
Blue- antenna
Blue/ white Remote (not used)

Factory adapter harness:
0- Yellow Battery
0- Orange/ black dimmer ground (not used)
0- Red Ignition
0- Orange/ white dimmer
0- Black ground
0- Blue Antenna
0- Blue/ white amp remote turn on (not used)

Factory FORD Harness:
0- Orange/ black
0- Black/ green
0- Yellow/ green
0- Blue/ black
0- not used
0- Black/ green
0- Red/ yellow
0- white

This is how i plan to wire the alpine and adapter harness together.

alp = alpine harness, adp = adapter harness

alp yellow to adp yellow

alp red to adp red

alp orange to adp orange/ white

alp black to adp black

alp blue to adp blue and add adp blue/ white to that for the power antenna to stay up.

harnesses:

disregard the adapter harness plugged in.
P1000488.jpg

P1000489.jpg

P1000491.jpg

also can i remove the factory Amp from the car without any sort of issue? It is not in use. I would like to put my Alpine KTP-445 power pack amp there.
thank you!

You can bypass the amp by unplugging the connector from the amp and running two runs of 4 conductor wire down from the head unit/amplifier(whichever is the new amp) to the connector. You splice into what used to be the amplified outs. Use a 9v battery to pop the wires and make sure you have the right speakers before hooking it up.

your alpine harness doesn't have the wire use printed on it? I know with all the sony headunits I have installed that the harness colors matched the adaptor harness colors.

based on that the harness to adaptor looks correct. which means it should be good to go.

You can bypass the amp by unplugging the connector from the amp and running two runs of 4 conductor wire down from the head unit/amplifier(whichever is the new amp) to the connector. You splice into what used to be the amplified outs. Use a 9v battery to pop the wires and make sure you have the right speakers before hooking it up.

the amp is already bypassed. that is not an issue. i was wondering if i could remove it completely from the car. I have a new alpine amp that would fit there. this is not an amp you wire to the trunk. it is a KTP-445 power pack which is tiny and plugs inline with the HU. it is plug and play. puts out 45w x 4 rms rather than the HU putting out 18w x 4 rms.

your alpine harness doesn't have the wire use printed on it? I know with all the sony headunits I have installed that the harness colors matched the adaptor harness colors.

based on that the harness to adapter looks correct. which means it should be good to go.

it is marked. well most of the wires. but they are all labeled in the manual. i just wanted to make sure my planned connections between the alpine and adapter harness were correct before i went ahead and soldered them. i am doing a super clean install even though no one will see it. i had a Pioneer HU that i just pulled out. Circuit City had installed it a long time ago along with their rats nest of adapter harnesses.

I just installed a new HU in my car. I ran into the same issues with the rats nest of wires. So much so that I couldnt get the radio to seat properly. I had to tuck and push all the wires to the side and behind to get the radio to seat 100%. Even then it was a little tight for my liking.

I just installed a new HU in my car. I ran into the same issues with the rats nest of wires. So much so that I couldnt get the radio to seat properly. I had to tuck and push all the wires to the side and behind to get the radio to seat 100%. Even then it was a little tight for my liking.

I wont have that problem with this. i wired everything all nice a neat in my house now to just plug everything in.

Well i forgot about the extra harness from the power pack. So it is a little hard to seat the hu. I will fix that later. But all of my connections were spot on. Everything works perfect. It sounds amazing compared to the old low end hu. The power pack gives it a lot more power and gives great clarity and mid bass to my kappas. I can hear them throwing deeper. Now i need a little more sound deadening. The hu its self is amazing with how many options it gives you and the display is top notch. I have never had a nice stereo. Now to just find the eq. Guess i have to read the manual. Haha

Back