• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale or Trade air bag suspension

newguyhooah

CEG'er
I bought this earlier this year and just have not installed it. From what was told was this was put together by someone on here with tons of experiance. (OK edit; "dean joyce owned this kit"I bought from SMALLS) The struts are used but look great, the compressors (2 of them) are new and air line is new and from what it looks like is the other parts are new/slightly used! I do not for the life of me know how to install this. I thought I could tackle this but I do not want to. The only thing missing is the switches and air tank. I have priced these and the avg is $150 for these together. I would like to trade for a new D2 coil over or KSport race kit and a few hundred bucks. I do not want any used kits cause I have priced new kits for right under $1000 and under $1200 for the pure race coilovers. I will sell this for $1400 shipped! If you want I can email pics but I have not set up a photobucket yet. Let me know. If you have a close offer please let me know.

Last edited:
to add onto this a little... the valves, and lines are 1/2" diameter. it has dual viair 480c compressors and firestone air struts. kit also contains the solenoids. the valves are a larger diameter than normal(can't remember the size). so inflation and deflation is pretty quick. theres a video floating around the internet of the kit in action on deans mystique. its a real bad ass kit that uses nothing but the best parts. as far as installation, its pretty easy. they mount up just like normal struts. its advised to mount the valves as close to the struts as possible to minimize lag(some may argue this). but there are basic guides all over the internet for installation if you're unsure of anything. potential buyers, feel free to pm me with any questions.

So there it is guys. This kit is the SH$&

SMALLS...And I thank you! I really with I could put this in. I am just too busy! Check your PM. I sent a question.

Well thank you. I just wish I could install this thing. I just dont have the time. My Jeep took a priority.

I am looking at this right now and it looks like the valves/solenoids are used but in great shape. The 2 compressors are brand new and the air line is new and large. It comes with used struts but the bags look great and the strut tops/mounts are used and may need replaced. This kit will be shipped in multiple boxes and as I will pay for shipping the price is "barely" adjustable.

Again this comes up and I can't get it. I don't mean to clutter your thread but man I wish I had something for you...... The BEST I could offer for this is a brand new set of ground control coilovers still in the box and a set of KONI ajustable shocks. The shocks were blasted and repainted a close "koni yellow" with new decals. 3 of them still look fantastic, but one of the struts had to be replaced so one strut is original finish from koni with a couple brown spots on it.

I dont mind the chatter on this. As for the GC's I think I am stuck on the true coil overs from Ksport or D2. Did you sell me a powder coated valve cover set up?

YA, I just put the covers and the top motor mount on. I dont think I will be doing the engine cover though. What did we agree on if I send you back the engine cover? I forgot. PM me if you dont mind.
THX

Edit:
If some one out here has a brand new, complete D2 or Ksport set up I will do an even trade. If you you pay for the shopping of my kit as well along with sending me the coilovers. I think that's a good deal.

Uggggghhhhhh!!!! I wannnntt!!! My Ksports have like 10K on them and work great. But not sure if I really want to it. Of course, I'd send you money on top because mine have some miles on it, but I'm sure you don't want any used like you said. Gaaahhhh oh well

Oh jee thanks! Jump on my post! LOL Just kidding! Now If any one is interested I have an ebay link to what I am liking. http://www.ebay.com/itm/KSPORT-KONTROL-PRO-COILOVER-DAMPER-KIT-97-00-FORD-CONTOUR-/280746147299?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AContour%7CSubmodel%3ASVT&vxp=mtr&hash=item415dc63de3
Anyone can buy these with their credit and mail to me and I will mail mine directly to you. Just a thought.
Rexxdoggy....Do you want to PM me about what plans you could be thinking about? I am interested in what you have and I am sure we can come to a deal!

I remember when he was selling these way back. Such a great price for a setup. IIRC it won't slam to the frame like Bagged's but it looked great. I've always wanted a bagged ride but I have no clue how to install and no friends that have any clue either.

dsc00042lo.jpg

GLWS :)

Sorry Blu_, Nice try though!. I am looking into installing these my self now but I will still be looking to sell/trade these untill I make final decision.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back