• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Aftermarket E-Brake

kw8z3boi

Veteran CEG'er
I was wondering if anyone here had ever put on an aftermarket E-brake before?

I was planning to buy this but I'm not sure if this will fit a automatick contour. Anyone think it will fit?

NOKYA JDM Carbon-Fiber E Brake-Handle
2.jpg

does your car have the fuzy brush boot or pleather boot to conseal under the c/c. if it's the ladder then slide the pleatherr down the shaft and remove the screw, the e-brake has a real fun shape to it and is pretty propriatary. you'd have to get one shape like it to fit. I don't know what the other style looks like when taken off so somebody else would have to tell you.

I just looked at the OEM service manual online for a 98 and from what I can tell, the part of the handle we grab isn't really removable. At least there are no instructions for or references to removing it. You may have to see if the ones you're thinking about slide over the existing handle or what. I *think* that how the one Chris@CTA has works, but I'm not sure.

I have a Momo ebrake installed... we needed to do a little modification to the metal handle with a channel lock in order to squeeze it smaller to fit the aftermarket handle. You also need to buy a 2-4 dollar adaptor for "Ford" as well.. it makes the square hole round to accept our ebrake button.

it looks fantastic as I am a huge fan of Momo anything.

Last edited:
I have a Momo ebrake installed... we needed to do a little modification to the metal handle with a channel lock in order to squeeze it smaller to fit the aftermarket handle.

it looks fantastic as I am a huge fan of Momo anything.

yeah, who doesn't love italian parts on american cars? :shrug:

thats the same one that Chris@CTA posted... its just a huge replacment cover of sorts...

its massive.. my car came with one of those and I sold it because it incredibly huge in my hand. ack!

I'll snap a pic of my Momo later tonight when I get home from work.

LOL

5feet 6 inches and shrinking each year. I like it pretty close so I can fully depress the clutch pedal with my full foot and not just a tippy toe.

here you go... a little blurry but you get the idea.

PICT0521.JPG

PICT0522.JPG

here is a close up of the one I have as my picture is sorta hard to decifer.

ltbmotorsport_1963_4395381

and where I normally buy all my momo goodies

http://www.ltbmotorsports.com/hanhanboot.html

I have the "Airmetal" handle in my SVT and had the "Pitstop" installed in my Cougar when I owned it.

PICT0441.JPG

very nice and clean. Good Job. :drool: :drool:

Back