• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

After getting my MINI, my brother trumps me with this...

with the money you'll spend on that, just buy an NA or NB miata and pop in a v8 (ls1 OR 5.0 depending on choice) and you'll have a better car.

edit: for less

Or swap in a bigger turbo on the existing Mazdaspeed Miata. We have several 200-250+ Mazdaspeeds running around. Similar hp with alot less weight = faster.

Nice Mini BTW.

yeah, that would work too. i'm actually selling my miata and might be moving back into a tour for a while.

btw, the mini is nice... not diggin' the solstice though..

The stripes look great on the car, but I don't understand why Pontiac (GM) doesn't put different rims on the perf model:rolleyes: I mean it should stand out considering its got almost 100 more hp than the base model. BTW, any pics of the MINI:shrug:

The stripes look great on the car, but I don't understand why Pontiac (GM) doesn't put different rims on the perf model:rolleyes: I mean it should stand out considering its got almost 100 more hp than the base model. BTW, any pics of the MINI:shrug:

I guess Lutz thought it was okay to just chrome the rims. Actually his car would probably stand out some with a nice 19" rim with a lip (maybe 19's in the back, 18's up front).

As for the Mini, here's a few others...

mini5.jpg

Mini8.jpg

Mini6.jpg

and with the speed...
Mini12.jpg

Mini13.jpg

Mini14.jpg

doesnt the sky have projectors and the solstace not?

Taken from www.pontiac.com:
"Solstice's expressive halogen headlamps are integrated into its reverse hinged clamshell hood. Side marker lamps are literally sculpted into the lip of its wheel wells, while the rear taillamps house specially designed reflectors, simplifying any notion of added marker lenses and bulbs. All told, its lamps are yet another affirmation of a true roadster, where a purposeful less is decidedly more. "

Taken from www.Saturn.com:
"SKY's projector beam headlamps offer jeweled-precision for a dynamic appearance and intelligent technology in low light conditions. The front and rear exterior lamps automatically activate in low lighting or when the windshield wipers are turned on. Or you can activate the project-beam fog lamps when conditions require. Designed with a wide beam and even coverage, the headlamps help you see and react to what comes your way."

I always liked the Sky too...but the Solstice is just a pure, no frills, roadster. When you get one, you get what you pay for. There's nothing wrong with that at all.

Hmmm, I was just going to state that the GXP was a few grand cheaper than the red line. I'm shocked to find out they are the same price. :confused:

Actually, once you start adding it up, this thing's not that cheap.

I saw another rich old guy "trying" to drive one of those around town once... I think it was his first time driving a Manual.:nonono:

I'm almost positive I saw that Solstice heading eastbound on a highway Saturday morning. We were driving our MSM from MA to KY on Saturday and happened to see a Black GXP with white stripes that continued below the front radiator opennings just like your brothers. I wasn't sure if you guys were in PA until I checked the net today. I know we were south west of Wilkes-Barre but I don't recall what highway we were on or how far exactly we were from Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

I recall we were climbing a slight grade and we had mountains to the right with a rocky hills side....strip malls to the left and the road was spaced out and there was a height difference between eastbound and westbound....westbound was above the eastbound.

Very possible that you saw him, he was all around mid PA and Virginia this past weekend...as he went down to Charlotte, VA to watch the Cavaliers stomp our Panthers. Sad college football team we have here this year...

He does have a tendency to run to Wilkes-Barre to watch the baby Pens...I'd need to see if he was that far up.

Back