• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ABS problem, need advice!

snarf24

CEG'er
Had my brakes replaced last October, both passenger side calipers also. 2 weeks ago I noticed the brakes were only grabbing on the driver side. Took it in and the guy says the calipers are locked up, I drove it to the other repair shop the said no they weren't and couldn't find anything wrong. He says I notice it pulling when I hit the brakes ( the car sways) but it felt find to me. I knew something was wrong already so I had it taken back to the other shop . He gets everything apart and finds out that there is no fluid going to the entire passenger side. He says the ABS Control Module is bad. Hes called junk yards and other shops and no one can find this part, Without traction control ID 97BG-2M110-AA (24 pins, 6 lines). Please if anyone has info on this problem and if I do need this part does anyone have one?! I need it really bad, rental fees are almost 300$ and I still have to pay for the repairs. I'd like to keep this CSVT on the road!

Do you have a early 98 SVT? As I recall they are known to have abs units go bad and iirc it normally prevents the drivers front caliper from working. So its probable that the abs unit is bad.

Yes its an early 98 SVT. I located the part online, junk yard isn't open till Monday. I've just never had this problem where for 2 weeks we could't located a part!

Back