• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A few pics of the CSVT replacement

Pienstars

Veteran CEG'er
Picked up a 2013 Ford Focus ST. Car was owned by a collector and only had 1500 miles on it. Previous owner put a Magnaflow catback on it which sounds really great. Been driving it for a few weeks now, and it's a blast to drive! Not planning much in the way of mods, but do plan to get a tune for it. Apparently just a tune nets about 20 hp, and 40 lbs of torque! Sounds kind of crazy, but I've seen lots of dyno graphs to back up the numbers. Put a car seat in it today, and the little one loves it lol.

I do not like it...

not!

I drove one for a test drive at autonation of FLL and i was in love with the car from the get go...it's between that, a 2003 m5 or a 2004 SVT ZX5...HMMM...

Just buy it! I still can't wipe the smirk off my face when I drive it lol. Hoping to get it tuned soon.....
I do not like it...

not!

I drove one for a test drive at autonation of FLL and i was in love with the car from the get go...it's between that, a 2003 m5 or a 2004 SVT ZX5...HMMM...

I will pick one of the three all-time car choices i love when i am ready hopefully by mid-end year. Although i have to agree, being a new car with more reliability and potential, the ST is hands down, with the ZX5 being a car that can last just as long but not as quick or more gadgets as the ST has. While the M5 is a power beast and classic now. sniff sniff decisions suck sometimes.

As much as the M5 is a phenomenal car, you have to be concerned with repair costs if you run into problems with it! Good luck with your search. If you do decide on the new ST, you definitely wont be disappointed!

I will pick one of the three all-time car choices i love when i am ready hopefully by mid-end year. Although i have to agree, being a new car with more reliability and potential, the ST is hands down, with the ZX5 being a car that can last just as long but not as quick or more gadgets as the ST has. While the M5 is a power beast and classic now. sniff sniff decisions suck sometimes.

As much as the M5 is a phenomenal car, you have to be concerned with repair costs if you run into problems with it! Good luck with your search. If you do decide on the new ST, you definitely wont be disappointed!

Yup. That is why I got rid of my X3 when I did. Just hit 117K miles on it and I didn't want to put the money into the water pump etc. That and the seat was cracking etc, so I figured to dump it before the repairs started to add up.

:drool: wonder how they'd do in the snow.... :ponder:

Great.... with winter tires. Stock tires are summer only, not safely usable even on dry roads if it's below 40 degrees. I've got a set of Blizzak LM-32s on my ST that I used for three seasons on my SVT. They'll be toast after this season - I drive a lot of miles. My ST is tuned (DO IT, Pienstars!!!) and while I have to be pretty careful about spinning from a dead stop, the car is very stable even on ice or really snow-packed roads as long as you're driving reasonably.

IMG_20131203_092609_zpszl8qp88y.jpg

IMG_20131228_0940412_zpswsdqbh7s.jpg

I think this might be my next car. Maybe in a few months. Have either one of you had any problems with yours? Is there any common problems with them?

Haven't had any issues with mine yet, but have only had it for a few weeks. So far, I'm very happy with it and can see myself driving it for a long time.....

I test drove one of these after driving my speed, very fun to drive, more then the speed even. not sure what it is... Look awesome. The power band doesn't feel like a turbo car at all. No lag. Clutch was the hardest biting factory clutch i have ever driven. Im embarrassed to say i even stalled it. Would have been a chore to get use to dding it. Seats are perfect.

Insurance was double the speeds which was made my final decision. Overall Price point is still too high, for what you get, imo.

Plus, 3L contours leave them in the dust :p

Agreed about the clutch. I stalled it leaving the lot too lol! I bought it with 1500 miles on it so saved quite a bit by doing so. Yes, the Recaro seats are amazing although they might be a bit tight if you're a large person...... Bring on your 3L! :)

I test drove one of these after driving my speed, very fun to drive, more then the speed even. not sure what it is... Look awesome. The power band doesn't feel like a turbo car at all. No lag. Clutch was the hardest biting factory clutch i have ever driven. Im embarrassed to say i even stalled it. Would have been a chore to get use to dding it. Seats are perfect.

Insurance was double the speeds which was made my final decision. Overall Price point is still too high, for what you get, imo.

Plus, 3L contours leave them in the dust :p

I too stalled mine on the test drive. But I am completely used to it now.

I didn't stall mine on the test drive! Do I get a cookie? :) However, I did almost throw the salesman through the windshield. The brakes bite HARD, with very little travel. When I get back in the SVT, I have a little moment of panic when I hit the brakes, because they travel... and travel... and just when I'm sure that I have a broken brake line.... then they bite.

There are a few issues that people have had, mostly with fit and finish issues, but a few more serious. Mine had to have the hatch repainted due to some very minor (but enough to bother me) bubbling in the paint on the bottom edge. I also had the third brakelight and one of the foglights replaced because they had excess condensation in them. Everything has been covered under warranty, including a free rental for me when I had the hatch repainted.

There is a TSB out for all the '13 models regarding the lower motor mount - it's very flexible, and allows a huge amount of engine movement on hard shifts. Turn the traction control off, do a hard 1-2 and 2-3 shift, and you'll feel like the engine is coming through the firewall. Seriously - it scared the crap out of me the first time it happened, and I knew it was coming (thank you, www.focusst.org). The TSB replaces the rear motor mount and a clutch line that needs a slight re-route. I had this done, and it's remarkably improved. There are also stiffer aftermarket motor mounts you can buy that will remove almost all the movement. Here's the difference:

My insurance isn't bad at all. The SVT alone with full coverage was $70/month, and the two together are $130.

So far I've got just a few modifications - Steeda short throw shifter and bracket, higher-flow air filter, Superchips SCR Tuner (won that in a photo contest!), and 20% tint all around, with 70% on the windshield. My next step will be exhaust, but I'm not sure when that will happen.

A few pics of the CSVT replacement

Clutch must've been slipping. :p

Yeah. Those rear mounts, Ugh. The speed3 shares it & i don't understand how they picked such a soft material.

My insurance was quoted over 100$/mo for the ST alone. I have a clean record too. ;(

Back