• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A few more shots of my 5.0. mustang.

Damn dude, very nice. I have a 91 that is being gone through hopefully next year. But those Cobra wheels look great. Im hoping to do a 408W, with a turbo. Does'nt everyone huh? We'll see.
-tropictour
That sounds like a nice motor that will rip :cool:. I'm a N/A guy, My ideal motor build would a be 331/347 stroker with a 4340 crank and h beam rods fully prepped long block with either canfield or afr heads and a jay allen custom cam. depending on intake and tune it would hit any easy 400-450hp but some have been know to get 500hp. I'm working on the rear and tranny part so I can get to that point and not worry.

Skunk wins the prize! Taurus fan ($17 j/y :cool:) with DCC controller. Explorer upper/lower intake and heads BTW.

what I win !!! :laugh:. nice set up, the same one I'm going for down the road that's why I did the 3g alt upgrade (PA performance 130amp one). The explorer GT40 stuff in a great bang for the buck mod, I almost wish I did that myself but I'm happy for now..these things are never done my mods are just a starting point and to learn stuff :cool:.

what I win !!! :laugh:. nice set up, the same one I'm going for down the road that's why I did the 3g alt upgrade (PA performance 130amp one). The explorer GT40 stuff in a great bang for the buck mod, I almost wish I did that myself but I'm happy for now..these things are never done my mods are just a starting point and to learn stuff :cool:.

You win the admiration of your fellow CEGr's. :cool: I recommend trimming the Taurus fan and mounting it in the stock fan shroud with bolts. I've spray painted the shroud and bolt heads black since this pic, it looks totally stock.
fan.jpg

Yes, I'm on the 75 amp stocker, got the 3G in the garage waiting to go in.

Previous owner did it all, including an E cam. It's alot of fun. :cool::crazy::drool:

That looks really good Matt. If I had the dough, and I might do it down the road, I want this set up right here. I have seen a few Ron davis rads/fans in a couple of foxes and they look sick and perform awsome and they drop right in!

ron_davis_11-50mu231.jpg

That is one my options. I've been looking at the cervini cobra kit, def. doing a cervini cowl hood though.

I have a Cervini Stormin Norman hood, Stalker front bumper, Cobra rear bumper and Cobra rear wing all brand new still in the box in my garrage for my 89 5.0 Those parts have been sitting there since about 99 as well as the car under the car cover :blackeye::laugh:

That looks really good Matt. If I had the dough, and I might do it down the road, I want this set up right here. I have seen a few Ron davis rads/fans in a couple of foxes and they look sick and perform awsome and they drop right in!

Yeah, that setup is definitely > my Taurus fan hack. :laugh: SVT Contour fans fit also from what I hear.

Back