• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A ceg first...I think

ryanblacksvt

I'm the Dork who ran 14.9 on PassTime. :)
Ok well I got the external battery cutoff switch installed on the turbo car cause last time I went to my local track they said not to come back without it. They are very strict about the NHRA rules and having the battery relocated to the trunk its in the rule book that I have to have it, so I just went ahead and did it. Best of all its hidden:cool:

Externalbatterycutoff003.jpg

Taa daa
Externalbatterycutoff001.jpg

Externalbatterycutoff002.jpg

Pretty cool. Did you do anything to prevent corrosion on the metal?

No cause this car never even sees rain, its garage kept and hardly is ever even driven. Tomorow will be 1 year ago I bought it and havent even topped 1200 miles yet.

You quoted me before I edited. I don't think your car has to see rain for a bare edge to start oxidizing. A damp day is enough to cause that even if the car is in a garage.

You quoted me before I edited. I don't think your car has to see rain for a bare edge to start oxidizing. A damp day is enough to cause that even if the car is in a garage.

I honestly didnt think about that, thanks for lookin out man.

No joke put some sort of paint on the bare metal.

Will do next weekend!!!

Do you have any pics of the trunk open?

Ask and ye shall recive, I just took these in my dark garage so excuse the clarity.

Looking up at the trunk lid
ExternalBatterycutoff004.jpg

ExternalBatterycutoff005.jpg

Nice and neat install.
ExternalBatterycutoff006.jpg

ExternalBatterycutoff007.jpg

The shop who did it is www.mahdavimotorsports.com they do AMAZING work on all makes and models.

Would be slick to get a spring loaded plate holder, like on cars from the 70's when the gas filler was behind the plate.

this whole thread confused the hell out of me, everybody is talking about metal oxidixing and crap and im like "what metal did he cut into?, :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing reflector is plastic"

I'm pretty sure that NHRA rules state that is has to be clearly visible and accessible at all times.

Does he have to run the track with his license plate on?

Does he have to run the track with his license plate on?

No need for a plate at the track... The 5 Oh aren't gonna be there to ticket you for racing on private property with no rear plate on!

In all seriousness though, NHRA rules require that all vehicles with the battery relocated to inside the cabin or trunk have an external battery shut off. It's a safety regulation more than anything though...

Back