• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A call for help

next saturday might not work. i'm going to be at my dad's farm helping clean up some layed over trees and working on my Dodge Truck. This saturday would work lol, but that's short notice. Maybe in 2 weeks?

next saturday might not work. i'm going to be at my dad's farm helping clean up some layed over trees and working on my Dodge Truck. This saturday would work lol, but that's short notice. Maybe in 2 weeks?

2 saturdays from now would work for me. I'll send you a message next weekend to see if that is still good for you.

Let me know what day/time you guys are planing on meeting up. Ill try to make it and that will hopefully be the weekend i get my svt finished up.

Let me know what day/time you guys are planing on meeting up. Ill try to make it and that will hopefully be the weekend i get my svt finished up.

cool man i'll let you know. i'll put a thread up once a day/time is solidified, that way hopefully we can get a mini-ceg meet going

As I would not recommend this, but one way to rule out the sway bar would be to simply disconnect the end links and go for a drive. By all means, do not go speeding through turns without your rear sway bar attached, but if there is a rear alley you can roll through to stimulate the noise, removing the sway bar rules it out.

Let me try to find the installation instructions for my lift kit...you'll like it.

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/33796.pdf

Look at step 20 under the REAR AXLE heading. :laugh:

You are more than welcome to come out to Carteret NJ when I am there and we can see whats going on. Got tools and all that good stuff. This sunday should work for me! but I cant promise you anything but as much help as I can lend!

Also Im unsure if you remember, my strut tower sheering in almost 2 pieces. I thought it was the sway bar and links (which it was Plus that) so I ended up replacing the WHOLE rear suspension and it was the actual body that is broken. Pull back the carpeting that protects the Strut towers and inspect around that. If its really bad you will notice it right away from it being lopsided.

You know my number. Shoot me a txt or call when you have some free time and maybe I will as well!

- amyn

Last edited:
update

Amyn was nice enough to invite me over to his place so he could look at my car. After much tinkering he was able to find that the strut mount on my passenger rear strut was completely shot. despite the fact they only have about 20k on them. The strut was smacking against the mount when i hit bumps. So it looks like a fairly easy and cheap fix. Unless the strut has become damaged, but i wont find out until i get it off.

95_Mystique- thanks for the offer to have me to your shop next weekend, but it looks like I wont need to. but i very much appreciate the offer regardless

its amazing how much more knowledgeable owners of our cars are compared to mechanics. Amyn was able to diagnose in about 2 hours what 3 mechanics could not.

alright, sounds good. Glad you found the problem. We should still find some time to have a meet, or are you comming to Carlisle in June?

alright, sounds good. Glad you found the problem. We should still find some time to have a meet, or are you comming to Carlisle in June?

i'm down for a meet sometime soon, well as soon as i fix this strut mount problem that is. wont be coming to carlisle though cause i play baseball on the weekends. my team needs me

cool, i'm up for a meet whenever, as long as its not a week i'm on call for work. i'd like to meet some of ya new guys and see some of you older folks that i met last year. I know i'm not much of a talker in big croweds, but its nothing personal. I'd also like to check out the cars.

Looks like an easy fix. A couple bolts and we will have the strut taken out in no time. I am doing an engine/turbo swap on my MR2 this weekend (saturday mainly). You are more than welcome to take the other space available on the driveway and we can get this going. You are also welcome just to come and have some BBQ relax outside with us. I invited several peeps...

- amyn

Back to the Rattle. My brother's SVT had a clunking noise in the rear. It turned out to be that the rear caliper retaining clip (that metal piece of spring steel) was broken and that was the pads clunking. Replacing the Caliper solved the problem. Just another solution i would not have thought of. Only happened on bumps as well - and was driving him CRAZY.

Back