• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

99 CSVT back to life

DJ 59Y

CEG'er
So, I'm not on here much posting, but i though I'd drop in today and share some good news!

as of today i have finished rebuilding a 99 CSVT I bought on cragslist several years ago.

it went from basket case to my new daily driver.

Here it is the day it came home from Phoenix off craigslist, it had a horrible missfire and the timing was off, blown struts, wrong grill, yellow headlights, all the rubber bits in all the suspension were shot, big dent in the back, a bent to hell rim.. and the list goes on.

Before:
fetch

Now today, everything is good.. thanks to BAT, Nautilus, AZDC, Fiesta Lincoln, and some other random shops, it has basically been completely rebuild except cracking the block open. with some goodies, Spec clutch, Fidanza flywheel, MSDS headers and Y pipe, BAT euro handling kit, and much more

Now
fetch

Tomorrow it goes to get the windows tinted, and I'm waiting in the sunroof gear, and it's all done!

some time in the future i'll bring you the resurrection of my 00 but that's a ways away, i just got the parts car last week, and picked what i needed for the 99 the engine and drivetrain are next to come out and get rebuilt for the 00

craigslist car #2, the parts car,

fetch

the plan is to get the motor out and have it rebuild in early summer we'll see how that goes.

and I'll leave you with a couple family photos, of the whole gang.
photo16387.jpg
photo16555.jpg
Cheers!!

Attachments

• photo16552.jpg
    photo16552.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo16553.jpg
    photo16553.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 0
  • photo16554.jpg
    photo16554.jpg