• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale '99 3l svt for sale in WI

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaboom123

CEG'er
Hey guys! Just wanted to put my tour out on the market and see if anyone has some interest. I’ve found a csvt that I really love. I truly enjoy this one, but I don’t think owning 2 t-reds would make sense haha. I’d keep it for a daily, but wouldn’t want to put it through winter because the car is rust free. Philly and Pole120 built the car a few years ago to my knowledge. I purchased the car from a member in Milwaukee/PRT and gave it a through cleanup this winter. If it doesn’t sell I have no problem keeping it and giving the car a good home. It has approx. 126k on the chassis. The body is in decent shape, but I’m super picky about the exterior. I had plans to repaint it this winter in the factory t-red color. There’s a little bit of clear peel, but nothing major. There’s a bunch of work I did over the winter that’s not listed. Any questions just ask. Contact me through pm, email (vaboom123@yahoo.com), or phone 920-627-0246. Thanks, Zach. Looking for $5k obo

Motor:
-2004 sable port-matched with approx. 20k (not tuned yet)
-MSDS headers
-Weapon R y pipe
-Custom PRT exhaust with Magnaflow mufflers
-New oem fuel sender/pump and fuel filter
-Fresh tune-up
-Poly filled mounts
Trans:
-Built by Livinsvt
-1-2, 3-4, 5-R Shift forks replaced
-Inner and outer seals replaced
-Torsen diff/bearings
-HMS shift tower upgrade
-Royal Purple oil
Suspension:
-H&R springs
-OEM SVT struts
-TDM 18” wheels wrapped in Hancook rubber
Audio:
-Pioneer head unit
-MB Quart amp (4 channel for door speakers)
-Infinity in the front doors and pioneers in the back
-4 gauge wiring from battery to amp

contour002.jpg

contour001.jpg

contour005.jpg

contour2012.jpg

contour008.jpg

contour2010.jpg

dsc00002ch.jpg

Probably run some fresh brake fluid through the system this weekend and give her a bath.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! I really love the car and it's a blast for a daily driver. I'll probably get it tuned within the next month or two here. Just figured I'd throw it out there and see what happens. The motor is super clean and top shelf work done by Josh/PRT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also will be getting some fresh headlights and a new amp for the speakers. I was thinking of adding a 8" sub with a 5 channel amp

Did you fix the fuel pump issue? I know the po said you couldn't let the gas go below a 1/2 tank.

Yup, like stated in the add it was replaced with a oem Ford complete sender/pump unit off the VIN number. It is the return system. It runs good, but I really want to get it tuned.

Also sent out the shift tower this winter to Terry/HMS to get the "key" mod done. Didn't want that bolt shearing off in the trans. Also made a custom battery/starter/alternator harness with a inline anl style fuse mounted on the firewall (4ga car audio wire). All the battery connections have been redone with cable lugs and cleaning up the wiring around the engine bay.

Scooped up a fresh set of plug wires, plugs, and a coil pack with a new connector. Hopefully I can get it installed this week sometime.

I'll be putting in an order for some fresh suspension parts (lower control arms, end links, etc) and a new piece of flex for the exhaust this weekend.

Got the new flex pipe/high flow cat in and put a new amp in for the door speakers (4 ch. Boston unit). Looking at Mazdaspeed cars...I know someone wants her :)

Im interested, do you plan on having it tuned before sale or is that buyers thing to have done?

I'm debating on that right now. I'd like to get it tuned, but then I'm out a bunch of money (tuner, dyno time, etc). It's just money I probably won't recover.

Also, I might keep it depending on what my bank could work out for a car loan. I don't want to open a loan up and have it cause and issue with looking at houses next year. If it would hinder me in the end I would just keep the car.

Im interested, do you plan on having it tuned before sale or is that buyers thing to have done?

I've been driving my 3L's untuned for 3 years. Was on the dyno with AFR two weeks ago, and everything's happy. There are performance gains to be ahd from tuning the 3L, but it's perfectly happy on stock programing too.

I've been driving my 3L's untuned for 3 years. Was on the dyno with AFR two weeks ago, and everything's happy. There are performance gains to be ahd from tuning the 3L, but it's perfectly happy on stock programing too.

Agree - expecially with a ported 3L.

Devan, if that is the only thing keeping you from buying it you should get it.

thing is if im spending the money to get the car, might as well have it done. PLus, the places to get it done seem to be in WI anyways. So i might as well do it when im in the area. No point making more trips so far away. Im hoping to work it out with the seller to have it tuned before i pick the car up.

Agree - expecially with a ported 3L.

Devan, if that is the only thing keeping you from buying it you should get it.

other things is having about another 500 for the trip and government fees, another 500 for tune. Plus selling my car ofcourse(which KBB says is worth 4-4.5k).

Really just need to workout a time frame with the seller.

Looks like I'll be keeping the car. After a long talk with the lady it just makes sense right now. Thanks everyone for the interest and mods please delete :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back