• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

98 Ford Csvt Dyno Numbers From Yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
First run I put down 167.3 HP and 142 FTLBTQ at 6200 rpm without the spray.
I thought I would be putting around 180 to the wheels without spray and 240-250 with it. My mods consist of:

-Throttle body (Butterfly mod)
-No resonator
-Modified stock intake (K&N drop in) with no snorkel
-TR6 NGK spark plugs
-Stock Clutch
-Dry Nitrous kit 75 shot

Am I ok with these mods? Are there other dynos that produce different values?
+ 1-2 HP
+ 1-2 HP
+ 1-2 HP
- 1-4 HP
Maybe slipping???
n/a

So adding maybe 4 and losing 2 from the colder plugs (especially if ambient temperature is cold) makes for a net gain of 2 HP. A new engine 98 SVT puts down around 164-166 and you did 167. I'd say you are right where you should be. Have you ever cleaned your intake manifolds??? If not there is some lost HP to re-gain back.

To be honest you have no real mods. You have a couple tiny add ins. Modifications that help out a setup that is well modified. I mean you do not even have a cat-back or replaced the POS stock mufflers. Without improving your exhaust side the mods on the intake side are giving half the efficiency gain if that.

+ 1-2 HP
+ 1-2 HP
+ 1-2 HP
- 1-4 HP
Maybe slipping???
n/a

So adding maybe 4 and losing 2 from the colder plugs (especially if ambient temperature is cold) makes for a net gain of 2 HP. A new engine 98 SVT puts down around 164-166 and you did 167. I'd say you are right where you should be. Have you ever cleaned your intake manifolds??? If not there is some lost HP to re-gain back.

To be honest you have no real mods. You have a couple tiny add ins. Modifications that help out a setup that is well modified. I mean you do not even have a cat-back or replaced the POS stock mufflers. Without improving your exhaust side the mods on the intake side are giving half the efficiency gain if that.

Understand. Thank you. I will clean my UIM and hope that helps a bit. How restrictive are those stock mufflers anyway?

Mark, youre in a losing battle. His car makes more power than yours. He will race you and embarrass you. He is all knowing, all powerful. Thats why I no longer bother.

correct yes, i do suck at giving advice, but i apparently do not suck at nitrous, because i have basically the same mods as this guy and the same HP shot of nitrous yet i make about 60HP more at this moment. hmmmmmmm /slap sucker

(Tricker, the post below is from you a while back.)

"if you dont run a wet shot you need a ton of fuel upgrades. your choice. my 100 wet shot doesnt have a problem and hasnt hiccuped at all. my car will hit 95 in third gear with the button..... i havent been to the track yet though

--------------------
1998 CSVT
NX stage 1 ford EFI kit
MSD dis-4
B&M short throw
K&N short ram intake
Fsvt Euro 17's
Trubendz 2.5" exhaust
Spec stage 3
249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time

(Basically the same mods?! You are mistaken, Tricker. I don't have what you list below. You also indicated you are running a 100 shot in various past posts.)

Trubendz 2.5" exhaust
Spec stage 3
AEM wideband
S-AFC2
MSD dis-4

And you claim guys like me give nitrous a bad reputation? Give me a break.

(Tricker, the post below is from you a while back.)

"if you dont run a wet shot you need a ton of fuel upgrades. your choice. my 100 wet shot doesnt have a problem and hasnt hiccuped at all. my car will hit 95 in third gear with the button..... i havent been to the track yet though

--------------------
1998 CSVT
NX stage 1 ford EFI kit
MSD dis-4
B&M short throw
K&N short ram intake
Fsvt Euro 17's
Trubendz 2.5" exhaust
Spec stage 3
249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time

(Basically the same mods?! You are mistaken, Tricker. I don't have what you list below. You also indicated you are running a 100 shot in various past posts.)

Trubendz 2.5" exhaust
Spec stage 3
AEM wideband
S-AFC2
MSD dis-4

And you claim guys like me give nitrous a bad reputation? Give me a break.

LOL!!! Looks like Allstyle just owned the **** out of TRicker!

Where's that 60HP difference TRicker? You're running a 100 shot compared to his 75 shot, and you still aren't making 60 more HP. But hey, your tuning consists of a SAFC-2 and an MSD box so you must know it all. :blackeye:
And please don't come back with the excuse that your clutch was slipping, and you WOULD HAVE made 30 more HP.

Welp, I'm going to go punch myself in the crotch a few times, as that's gotta be more fun than arguing with Mr. Know-it-all here. :rolleyes:

Mark

my dyno slip is from a 75 shot.......

so how did he own the **** outta me again?

you guys are real superheros let me tell ya..... pfft. and my dyno sheet is posted up here shows my torque curve. slipping the whole time. the guy actually stopped and told me that it was slipping so bad that he didnt wanna continue taking pulls. think what you want. but a guy not using a bottle heater and spraying a dry shot has some work to do. sorry to point out that he's gonna harm his engine, man, i'm a tool and i suck! now i'm back to hating this site. your closed minds are half the reason that you can only make WHP #'s in the 400s, when there are 800HP 4cylinders all around. it's not availibility of parts, or aftermarket. oh and yeah, i upgraded my ignition. and i use a maf cheater for fuel curve tuning. got a problem with that? i still make more power than the other guys with nitrous on this site. anybody gonna prove me wrong?

Back to gloating, instead of sticking to the subject of nitrous.

man, there are very few things I feel sadly about, and this is starting to become one of them.

gonna prove me wrong?

Why should anyone prove anything to you? Your diarrhea of the mouth has not proven a thing about dry nitrous kits, or anything for that matter! :idea:
Like has been said 8 million times, both on and off the internet, there are positives and negatives of BOTH dry and wet kits. Just because YOU don't care for dry kits, doesn't make them a poor choice.

If I end up doing another nitrous setup, it'll be ANOTHER dry setup. If I have it before SZ07, and you show up, I'd be happy to run head to head at the dragstrip. ;)

Mark

i still make more power than the other guys with nitrous on this site. anybody gonna prove me wrong?

I'll prove you wrong. Give me a couple weeks, and i'll see if i can't make it to the dyno. I don't know for a fact i make more power than you...but i do know that i run a 13.2@110mph... what do you run? Oh...that's right...you "haven't been to the track yet".

You will be much better off if you would just learn to "get along" with everyone here instead of starting pissing contests in every thread you post in.

haha. you guys jump on me like flies on **** too.... sorry but you dont like me and sometimes i'm right. a guy without a tune has a dangerous setup with the dry nitrous. and yeah, i'll see you at SZ, but i'll have more than a bottle on a stock motor, and alot more than 260 whp. and i'd be more than glad to show you up at the track, too.

You bring up the fact that he is untuned, yet you rely on a SAFC-2 and MSD box.... Irony? :shrug:
Once again, a dry nitrous setup is NOT dangerous if a few precautions are taken. The stock computer and fuel system alone can safely handle a 75 shot on the 2.5L. Assuming that you've got properly working O2 sensors, you'll WAY more than likely have zero hickups.
As for the track, how many times have you taken your Contour down the strip? Yes, I said Contour, and not snowmobile. What times are you running again? Timeslips?

Mark

haha. you guys jump on me like flies on **** too.... sorry but you dont like me and sometimes i'm right. a guy without a tune has a dangerous setup with the dry nitrous. and yeah, i'll see you at SZ, but i'll have more than a bottle on a stock motor, and alot more than 260 whp. and i'd be more than glad to show you up at the track, too.

Cant wait for the showdown. :crazy:

you dont with a wet kit. it's jetted for your car's stock AF/R. yep, i use a SAFC and a MSD box. (MSD box is a better upgrade than your stock ignition, thank you. and i can change my timing curve and still use the box.) but yep keep dissin thas cool :)

Considering the fact that finding someone on this platform who has surpassed the STOCK ignition systems capabilities is going to be HARD, I'd think that the same amount of money could be spent on other areas that ARE weak, which you may have neglected thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back