• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

98 ford contour svt

Maverick937

New CEG'er
im a new owner of a 98 ford contour svt and the last guy failed to take care of her as much as i would have liked. im in the middle of fixing all the stuff wrong and i am currently looking to replace the carpet. any suggestions? does anyone know the carpet dimensions?

Pretty easy to find the awnser of your questions with some simple searching. Just type ford contour replacement carpet into google and youll find many new carpets. Also you may be able to find a nice used carpet from a member such as myself who has a nice tan carpet left over from a parts car.

As for the wheels HERE IS A LINK that will awnser your question. My opinion is dont just buy the biggest ugly wheel you can find and throw them on. A good looking clean 17" wheel will make your call look lots better than a set of qauty chrome 19s or 20s. But thats just my opinion.

i did do a google search for carpet. i was wondering dimensions simply to save money instead of paying for a Pre-cut piece. i was wanting black to compliment my interior.

As for the wheels, i was looking at a nice set of 18's, im not trying to DUB out my SVT or anything stupid like that, my car is lowered and im just trying to decrease wheel gap. the last guy to have the car was stupid enough to spray paint the rims and im not into that look at all. but thank you for the link! like i said i am new to the forum as well and am having trouble navigating it.

If your trying to save some money you could try to die your carpet black. Im not sure how to measure the carpet i have cause the carpet is anything but flat. When im out in my garage Ill try to get you some rough dimentions of the carpet I have there.

18s look great on the contour. My last one I had 18s on and love the look of them in the summer. But in the winter I was happy to go back to my stock svt wheels to get some side wall for the ride quality. My current svt Is on ground control coilovers and 17s and rides better than the 18s on eibachs.

i was worried about rubbing with the 18's, like i said before im trying to get her back looking good because the last neglected her. i have looked at 17's but i dont think it will close the gap as much as i want it to, 18's might just have to do.

If you match your tire diameter to your stock tire diameter (which you should), there will obviously be no difference in wheel gap.

IMO my car looked worse with bigger wheels. When I switched back to Focus SVT wheels I got more positive comments :shrug: If you wanna get technical, the stiffer sidewalls on 18" tires make your body higher off the ground compared to a smaller wheel with equal tire diameter.

what color is your interior.... i could sell you my carpet mine is midnight blue. I also have a super minty midnightblue back seat and leather bolsters.

Back