• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

:-(

JEFFtourCT

CEG'er
I'm being treated like crap in the fourms on CEG... People who have high post counts think they can walk all over the underlings.. (me) just because i made a certain thread in the forced induction fourms asking how to turbo my car.. people coming out of no where call insinuating that fact that im an idiot. ( which is somewhat true when it come to certain things.. but not allowd by others to call me)

so i put it out there.. that they were douches.. and spelt it Doosh.. its kind of funny.. you should check it out.. and back me up if wish be.. being NE CEG and all..

but what ever.. just kind of makes it sucky for me to be a member if all members aren't treated equally..

(i contacted a moderator to delete the thread.. and nothing.. there should be an option to delete threads posted)

Jeff you got to remember that most of those people have had turbo contours or have used some kind of forces induction for some time now, sure they shouldn't have jumped on you like that but they do have a point, got to do research before asking questions like that .... but since you haven't been on the boards that long there has been a great swing in the knowledge base and the people the are here ... until the last year or so most of the people here where older and had a good general knowledge of the mechanical working of a car, most of them are well respected for the work that they have done ... now today the cars have been going very cheap and younger people have been buying them, they watch the Fast and the Furious and believe all the crap and want to do it themselves without knowing anything about it ... there have been so many latelt that have no respect for those who actually know something that people just jump all over them to try to set em straight, best way of doing it, not at all ... the old vets don't even post much at all it is so bad ... you just got singled out since you where the first to ask here ... and to be honest I don't know about turbo sizing either, but I do realize that it is alot more work then most think to install one from scratch since I have read some of the threads that people have made ....

basically I would ahve to agree, you need to do some research but they shouldn't have jumped on you so fast ...

I would just stick to NE-CEG and not worry about the other forums, that is what alot of people do ...

but I hope you can make the fall meet, I know that no one here will give you greif about that thread, not that many may have read it but that is besides the point ...

all I can say is you got to understand both sides of the story before acting/judging, etc if at all possible ...

Jeff, just stick with NE-CEG for a while, do a lot of reading on the boards and then you'll be good.

As some of you probably noticed, I am posting a lot less, just because I am tired of CEG (not NE-CEG). I get tired of the same people day after day pushing away members interested in modding their cars. You get called out for every little thing and it really just gets old. The threads are just not interesting to me anymore. :(

It does get old at times when certain people start their bashing. You must remember one thing, they have typed the same answer/response over and over again. That's why they like you to search and then ask your questions.
I'm in no way defending what went on in that thread just stating why issues like that happen.

Don't let them get to you Jeff. Look how much :censored: Rawburt took, he's still here and posting. Those hard-core/no life CEG'ers don't usually hold things against you for very long. ;)

Yeah, I have to admit that I've hated the the rest of the forums on CEG for about 3 or 4 years. They are only useful to me when something breaks on one of our cars and I search for a cure. I dare not ask if I can't find it by searching. I post in NE-CEG instead because we have some good knowledge here. I liken the rest of CEG to a ghetto and NE-CEG as a gated community! HAHA. Its very sad though that its turned so sour, but that's the way unruly crowds are. They're like a mob and will lynch you when they sense weakness. Once a month or so I post in pics and vids, but that's it, and I have to be very careful as to what I say. Its funny to me that in FTE (Ford Truck Enthusiasts) where there are 10 times the members, I can ask a question like, "Did ford ever make a V10?" and I would get thread about 10 pages long giving the history of it!! There's some horrible spelling over there too, but no one complains. Its the freaking internet for ****s sake!! Who the F- cares about the meaningless trivial crap like misspelled words or bad grammar. People who post only to point crap like that out are part of the disease that is killing the rest of CEG.

Another thing that bothers me is how people act on here and they are totally different in person. (no one in NE-CEG applies) The only reason I go to SZ is that I know some of the internet a-holes here are actually cool people, but if I didn't know they were actually cool and I was a newbie, I'd never go to SZ. Sometimes, I wonder how I would feel about this place if I just found it. When I joined in 2000 it was the good old days where everyone was nice and helpful. That's part of the reason I bought my SVT.

So Jeff, as Tony said, stick around NE-CEG for awhile. I encourage searching elsewhere in CEG for info and stuff, but if you can't find what you need, ask here, because you won't be flamed. Some of the older peeps like Elky, brapple, and myself could probably shed some knowledge, instead of hate. I consider NE-CEG an extended family because with our kick ass meets we all really know each other rather than being just internet acquaintances.

*takes a breath*

spell check complete....;)

Last edited:
I have to agree that the quality of the average CEG poster has definitely started to slide. I haven't owned a Contour for 3+ years now but I still check into NECEG as regularly as I do over at Mazda-speed.com (the other site that I spend time on). CEG and Miata.net are two websites that I will look at, but rarely post in because they are both full of spell-check and search nazis that are more interested in writing up a negitive response to someone than they are about helping or contributing to a thread.

In all honesty it's a new demographic. When I first joined in 2000 it was all first or second owners of a similar demographic. The people were proud of their new/newer car and were motivated to tweak the car to run better/faster/longer. The people on CEG now seem to be first time car owners, third or fourth owners of the car. We also have the hard core owners that have stuck with their cars thru thick and thin and have heard it all. They know the Contour in and out and can tell you all of the stories. At the end of the day, it's an aging platform with a new owner base.

I consider NE-CEG an extended family because with our kick ass meets we all really know each other rather than being just internet acquaintances.

:censored: yeah ... :eek: I know I have said that before, drunk or not ... :crazy: :laugh:

I'm being treated like crap in the fourms on CEG... People who have high post counts think they can walk all over the underlings.. (me) just because i made a certain thread in the forced induction fourms asking how to turbo my car.. people coming out of no where call insinuating that fact that im an idiot. ( which is somewhat true when it come to certain things.. but not allowd by others to call me)

so i put it out there.. that they were douches.. and spelt it Doosh.. its kind of funny.. you should check it out.. and back me up if wish be.. being NE CEG and all..

but what ever.. just kind of makes it sucky for me to be a member if all members aren't treated equally..

(i contacted a moderator to delete the thread.. and nothing.. there should be an option to delete threads posted)

Ah, come on. Fight a little. It's fun! I've been doing it more and more lately.

thanks all of you guys.. i almost shed a tear.. mike kind of ruined that. lol

BTW Luca, i met up with doug from sounds alive,, i saw his car parked out front and was talking to him for bout a half hour. we called in and got his build # its like 3678 or something like that.

i was telling him how much i love the car.. and how its not a car to me.. its a hobby.

also, side note. i saw an SE.. the decals on the back.. on side said SE the other side said SVT lol.. i just rolled by and made some sound.. i made her feel bad.. lol

I heard you met Doug. Nice guy, isn't he?
Are you going to let him install the alarm for you?
He finally got his build number, that's good. :cool:

Is that the first time you've seen that SE? I haven't heard Steph or Doug mention that one. A new trend maybe, put a few different badges on the car? :crazy: Poor girl, you made her feel bad. :(

I've been a member for along time myself, i don't have a huge post count, but that really doesn't mean much to me. I haven't liked ceg (not ne-ceg) for a very long time.I read some of the stuff and just laugh. I've lost interest since all the crap started on this site.

Stick with ne-ceg and I wouldn't waste my time worrying about what the other waterheads on ceg have to say to you about you or about your post. i've been looking at a getting a mustang and selling my contour to my son, I enjoy alot of the mustang forums and mccne seem like a top notch group from what I have exprienced. My step father has been a member for years(1982 mustang gt), even my father in-law with his cougar club (68 cougar) yes they are an older crowd but they are always helping each other, and they wouldn't stand for some of the bull crap that happens on hear. The big difference with them is they pay dues and have monthly meetings at rom's resturaunt, but they hang out, have some drinks and talk about cars. I'm really looking for that kind of club now.

I'm done:laugh: .

ya my girlfriend has a VW GLi and we are on vortex a lot lately, theres a local meet every other friday...two weeks ago there were like 60+ cars...but there are a lot more people out there into those cars than contours...but i like it on here, does seem to be a lot of crap that goes on outside of NECEG though

Back