• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

95 "SVT" Dyno

mosh

CEG'er
This is the result of several months of work, and for a first test I'm pretty happy.

Got 187whp and 159 tq on a Mustang Dyno at 200ft above sea level, 71 degrees ambient and 70% humidity.

This is a 98 SVT engine in a 95 SE being controlled by an OBDI EECIV system.
All sensors/servos new this year. ECT and IAC are 1995 version everything else is later model. Secondaries are vacuum controlled. Compression about 180psi and consistent. All wiring replaced with good used wiring this year.

Mods are:
-Open filter w/heat shield
-ProM MAF calibrated for 19# inj
-Optimized and knife edged throttle and secondary butterflys
-Slight port matching
-Iridium plugs
Gutted-Pre Cats
Trubendz Y pipe w/cat and Magnoflow resonated catback
Superchip for 95 SEV6....rev limit at 7500 and premium fuel required.

Recent maintenance included complete cleaning of UIM/LIM and intake valves.

This is running a bit rich at the top, possibly due to the SE computer assuming 17# inj? Also some pinging, so I may be getting some timing retard.

Attachments

• DYNO.PDF
    149.4 KB · Views: 0
Looks good. You just need a tune and the secondaries need to open about 1k rpm later -- can you adjust that with the vacuum ones?

Thanks. The 95 has a computer controlled vacuum switch to activate the secondaries, so it's tuneable. I think that the superchip has the secondaries opening at about 3600 rpm and both the hp and tq take noticable lift at that point...I don't know what that earlier dip is.

The next step is to have these guys dyno tune with an SCT chip for the eec-IV and ditch the superchip. This should resolve the richness at the top and maybe dial in the advance to avoid any pinging. The superchip is assuming SE type compression and may be over advancing for an SVT.

SVT Heads Good to 7500 rpm?

SVT Heads Good to 7500 rpm?

All duratec v6 heads are good to at least that. It takes the SVT cams and air flow abilities to use it effectively. Mine will blast into the soft rev limiter and bounce off if I'm not quick enough.

Someone on the old board demonstated 8000rpm.

How much tuning can you do with obd1 I will be running a 3.0L hybrid and have been trying to figure out how for you can go, I am also trying to figure out what maf and injector sizing I will need.

EEC-IV Tuning

EEC-IV Tuning

Since no one else answered I'll tell you what I know...which is limited.

The Mustang literature has a lot of eec-iv info. Apparently the late 94-95 eec-ivs had very similar tuning parameters to what the eec-v started with in 96. This allows fairly dynamic tuning of timing, mixture etc based on load based parameters.

A big draw back is the need to implement all of this on a piggyback chip instead of being able to re-flash the chip like the eec-v guys can.

The tune results that guys get with 95 Mustangs with SCT chips and Diablo Chips look impressive.

So I'd say there's hope of getting a good tune if you're willing to pay for it.

Back