• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

95 front chrome strip replacement

Thats a bit expensive for the chrome strip, not to mention its just for the front bumper. I ripped mine off awhile ago and cleaned it, looks good as new. I think you can even paint it to whatever color you want. Just sand, prime, paint(two coats or more), and clear coat. I'd think it be much cheaper than buying a replacement strip(s).

What do you guys think about a black bumper strip on a teal contour? I thought about it but never had the balls to do it.

Thats a bit expensive for the chrome strip, not to mention its just for the front bumper. I ripped mine off awhile ago and cleaned it, looks good as new. I think you can even paint it to whatever color you want. Just sand, prime, paint(two coats or more), and clear coat. I'd think it be much cheaper than buying a replacement strip(s).

What do you guys think about a black bumper strip on a teal contour? I thought about it but never had the balls to do it.

doesnt look too bad

Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg

Yea, I did that in photoshop but I'm just not to sure. I'd have to get somewhat matching rims (black or gunmetal) to make the theme work.

Back