• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

8000k Warm Up

RawBurt

Hard-core CEG'er
Alright,
#1 dont mind all the nonsense in the video... I didn't feel like editing it out.
#2 The quality is pretty bad... But you get the idea
#3 That squeeling noise upon startup is the starter, its done that for as long as I can remember when its cold
#4 This is just to give you a basic idea, I'll be taking pics tonight with a canon rebel xt

... So feel free to jump on the flame wagon like I know you all will, but remember, I'm taking pics tonight so dont make yourself sound to stupid.

VIDEO
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v321/RawBurt/The SVT/?action=view&current=DCFC0474.flv

It sounds like you took a fall down a flight of stairs before you got the car started.

That car makes all kinds of noises on idle. Heck even my Ranger with 300K on the clock, no cats, glasspacks, and an open filter makes less racket.

Lights sure are shiny though!

dont take pics, they will not serve any justice. To get a decent HID pic you need a tripod, filters and all that good stuff..but yea, pics dont do justice..

dont take pics, they will not serve any justice. To get a decent HID pic you need a tripod, filters and all that good stuff..but yea, pics dont do justice..

Burt, Just come over to my place sometime after x-mas as I am getting filters and lens for my SLR and we can make them look good then

Burt, Just come over to my place sometime after x-mas as I am getting filters and lens for my SLR and we can make them look good then

yea I just got a Rebel XT-i and im slowly buying all the goodies for it. Im ordering polarizing filters tommorow and I just got this tripod today..too bad its winter and all the goodies are off

Where'd you get ehm?

I've been wanting some lately.. might get some from XenonDepot :cool:

might get some from XenonDepot :cool:

if you want quality HID products then yes Xenondepot is def. the way to go. They carry authentic Hella/Philips products that aren't easy to find new. Their wiring harness is also great because without a proper wiring harness, you will greatly shorten the life span of your HIDs and draw uneven power to them as well..

IMG_0120.jpg

Why does every single light have wicked glare in that pic??

They were probably photoshopped to camouflage the glare from the HID's :laugh:

Here is a tip for you though...get some brows. It will dramatically cut down if not eliminate all upward glare. It will make them look a lot better at night and of course during the day as well.

I love how mine look w/ brows. It even acts a little bit like a cutoff shield. Granted it does not look like goonz's cutoff but on mine there is a noticeable line and no scattered light above it. However, mine are fiberglass so no light shines through but I'm assuming using vinyl or whatever else should also work.

NICE ! I love real HID. Car sounds great too!

New rule:

When posting a sound clip or video of a running car, especially one with extensive exhaust modifications (like RawBurt's), it is against the rules to not REV THE ENGINE, just a little. Idle is nice, but let's REALLY HEAR IT !

Back