• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

$800 CSVT , anyone interested?

I bought the car and should have it on the road in a few weeks. I got tired of trying to sell my 2.5L SVT motor and decided to buy a car to drop it in!

It's a 2000 CSVT with a midnight blue interior and it was built in late '99. Only 83k showing and most of the parts it needs are always available in the CEG classifieds. I should have about $1,500 in it when I'm done. Too bad the body has so many dents and scratches... anyway it will make a good winter beater.

I bought the car and should have it on the road in a few weeks. I got tired of trying to sell my 2.5L SVT motor and decided to buy a car to drop it in!

It's a 2000 CSVT with a midnight blue interior and it was built in late '99. Only 83k showing and most of the parts it needs are always available in the CEG classifieds. I should have about $1,500 in it when I'm done. Too bad the body has so many dents and scratches... anyway it will make a good winter beater.
glad to see you did pick it up , will make a good winter beater for sure

Keven - thanks for posting that it was available.

Yep, it needs work! It was so close that I just couldn't pass it up. I have just about everything I need from my last CSVT parts car and there's always stuff available around this area!

Pulled the motor on Wednesday and set it aside... sounded like a nasty spun bearing for sure. I'm replacing the rod bearings in the '99 motor I have before I drop it in. Hopefully the trans. is in good shape - we shall see soon enough!

Body is extremely rough and the interior needs about 2 days worth of cleaning LOL!

My wife has been driving my '98 and now she wants the '00 as long as it's running good. She doesn't care how it looks because my two young kids trash any car the step foot into!

Edit-car has been running great for about 2 weeks now!

Last edited:
Back