• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

5x7's or 6x8's?

I don't know myself, but Crutchfield should have it listed. As for subs, I have an Infinity Kappa Perfect 12", AND I LOVE IT :) . I have also used JL subs, with great sound. What kind of sound are you looking for, SQ or SPL?

should i get two way or three way 5x7's? i bet three way are louder. do they make four ways?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Yeah, they make 4 ways. No, they're not really louder. My two-way Infinitys are MUCH louder and of better quality than my three-way Kenwoods.

I'll second the Infinity sub. Excellent quality and properly amp'd, it's louder than my friend's two Sonys.

My uncle uses 4x13's. You ahve to get a plasma cutter out to make them fit. Funy because they are powered by plasma powered amps too.

i have infinity kappa componets in front and 2-way kappas in the rear. and all i can say is wow. now i just need my 12" kappa sub

Right now I have the Pioneer 4-way 6x8's. I kinda wish I stayed with the 3-way, in my opinion they do sound better. I'm looking at getting infinity 6x8 components.

In all seriousness a 6 1/2" speaker sounds so much better than a 5x7"/6x8". IMO They make adapters to make them fit too. They can usually be had off ebay for around $5 for a pair.
-tropictour

In all seriousness a 6 1/2" speaker sounds so much better than a 5x7"/6x8". IMO They make adapters to make them fit too. They can usually be had off ebay for around $5 for a pair.
-tropictour

Around me, PepBoys sells the adapters, too. Made it easy to mount almost any 5.25 or 6.5. I think they were about $5 also.

really? how come?
My opinion...I have no scientific data to base this on....is because the round shape is a more natural shape than oval for the propogation of the sound waves. I know that the next speakers I buy for my car will be 6 1/2 inch round. When I look at the frequency response specifications for the round versus the oval speakers, the round one are better, especially on the low end. My .02:cool:

Back