• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3Lduratec.com...

Bugzuki,

I'm not sure who you are or why you're in here quoting prices to people, especially in a thread about another vendor (very poor taste), but the fact is there are very little to no warranties offered on aftermarket or modified parts. It's a two way street, the vendor has to trust the user to put the product to use as it was meant to be and the user has to trust the vendor to supply a good product. The bottom line is, if you can't afford to modify your vehicle and assume the risk of it breaking, then you need to stick with stock warranted parts and not play around with it.

Once you start offering warranties, you open up to tons of liabilities. Most of us on here (myself included) are just doing this as a hobby business to help out some fellow owners and help pay for our own car projects, it's not about making the almighty dollar. Tell me what you'd do when a person comes back to you in 3 years and has a broken rod in the car and the engine is toast. If you can't prove that abuse somehow broke that rod, your butt is on the line for replacing his motor. To be honest, I'm pretty surprised that Chris offers a 60 day warranty on his parts. It's his choice, but not one I necessarily find to be the most sound especially when he's essentially relying on the junkyard to provide him a motor that's not a ticking time bomb. Even if it came with a warranty from the junkyard, once he's modified it to work in the Contour platform, their warranty is voided because you've done something to it beyond it's original intended use.

My personal approach is to be a stand up guy (i.e. the customer trust relationship). I don't offer any explicit or impleid warranties on my engines, but I know that if I did something that was my screw up, I'm going to take care of the problem.

Rick

Sorry guys, I fixed my previous posts.
Sorry if I offended any one - that was not my intention.

Bugzuki.

Last edited:
A good point that Buckshot brought up...you might want to check into the junkyards warranty. Something as simple as changing out the Air Filter to something different, or running anything other than stock could (and probably will) void the warranty. Just something that I think you should look into since that seems important to you.

The guy at LQK asked if I wanted a warranty on my 3L. I laughed a lot & said no thanks.
Exactly.

Not to mention any warranty goes out the window the moment you crack it apart much less alter it from its stock setup. (like needs to be done to install it in our platform)

Back