• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

300mmx278mm brake group buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey you cut!

Anyway, tell me where to send the money before I time to think about it.

Get out the credit card folks, lets get this moving!

And some pics of the grinding needed and misc. other work required would be nice. :cool:

Last edited:
FRONT SET:

REAR SET:
Rara
99 red SVT

BOTH SETS:
Kremithefrog (I'll give you a couple extra dollars if I get it before October 13th)
starjammir
KingpinSVT
TourDeForce
iluvmytour

FRONT SET:

REAR SET:
Rara
99 red SVT
LoveMySVT

BOTH SETS:
Kremithefrog (I'll give you a couple extra dollars if I get it before October 13th)
starjammir
KingpinSVT
TourDeForce
iluvmytour

FRONT SET:

REAR SET:
Rara
99 red SVT
LoveMySVT

BOTH SETS:
starjammir
KingpinSVT
TourDeForce
iluvmytour
Bensenvill [NECO]

now that you've opened this to NECO. Can we get some confirmation if these will fit our stock 16's. I imagine they will. But if any of you who have the kit already on could PM me with your address, I'd love to get a NECO guy over to see if our rims will fit, otherwise your going to have alot of hesitant potential buyers.

I want to go in on this but I just emailed Bill to try to get a price for the SVT brake brackets only so us non-svt folks can use this as well. Apparently the SVT brackets alone are $107.68 apiece wheras you can get the FSVT brackets and new calipers with pads for 146.96 apiece. Will the FSVT brackets work the same in this kit as the needed SVT brackets? If they do let me know and I'll be in for both kits for sure.

My understanding is that if you use the FSVT bracket, you'll be required (at that point) to use FSVT CALIPERS and pads as well.

Well at this point it looks like it will be cheaper for us non-svt guys if we're going to buy it new to buy the FSVT brackets, calipers and pads from Bill and then pick up the rear bracket here. Am I correct in assuming this?

Focus SVT brakes:
Rotors: 2M5Z-1125-AA List $119.08 CEG $88.67 x 2
Calipers with bracket and new pads: 2M5Z-2B120-AA & 2M5Z-2B121-AA,
List $197.97 CEG $146.96 x 2
Total: $471.26
So that will get me the brackets and calipers and then the SVT front rotors are
Rotors: 93BZ-1130-EA List $113.88 CEG $84.80 x 2

Then I could just pickup the rear kit here and have everything needed correct? Sorry for thinking aloud I just want to make sure it's correct before I make a commitment to purchase and I want to make sure I'm not making a stupid mistake.

FRONT SET:

REAR SET:
Rara
99 red SVT
LoveMySVT

BOTH SETS:
starjammir
KingpinSVT
TourDeForce
mond12345 (Neco)
iluvmytour
Bensenvill [NECO]

I want to go in on this but I just emailed Bill to try to get a price for the SVT brake brackets only so us non-svt folks can use this as well. Apparently the SVT brackets alone are $107.68 apiece wheras you can get the FSVT brackets and new calipers with pads for 146.96 apiece. Will the FSVT brackets work the same in this kit as the needed SVT brackets? If they do let me know and I'll be in for both kits for sure.

I've got a (one single set so no extras...) pair of SVT brackets. I'll throw them in the box for you for an extra $20. :D
See problem solved.

List as of 6:45am 7Sep06 -- two possibles

List as of 6:45am 7Sep06 -- two possibles

FRONT SET:

REAR SET:
1. Rara
2. 99 red SVT
3. LoveMySVT
4. ????BigJim ?????? (you want them right?)

BOTH SETS:
1. Kremithefrog (I'll give you a couple extra dollars if I get it before October 13th)
2. starjammir
3. KingpinSVT
4. TourDeForce
5. mond12345 (Neco)
6. iluvmytour
7. Bensenvill (NECO)
8. ???DyComet???? (if that bracket price I gave you is good)

Closing the group buy

Closing the group buy

Just FYI:

I'm planning on closing the group buy this weekend, or basically Monday morning so that I can give the word to start production. I'll use the number of sets that are committed to this weekend as the basis.

I'm going to ask you all to just paypal me the money for the kits once I see at least 10 sets of fronts and rears in the group buy list and by tomorrow if we hit the minimums. Those who pay in full will get theirs sent out immediately on completion.
jbrant02@earthlink.net is my paypal

If for some reason you don't trust me and want to put down a deposit only, you will be later on the list to get your stuff in order of when you paid in full. PM me and I'll give you the minimum deposit amount. The number of people in the buy and fully paid will help determine how much cash I need to complete the purchase, hence the floating deposit amount.

Remember, I pay almost 4% fee for paypal. :( We don't want any money till we are sure the number of people are ready to go.
Friday we'll do a final list of people ready to send the cash that day and we should have at least 10/10 of those too.

I intend ordering and production to start Monday, with delivery of many parts by that Friday. THen with no delays I'll start shipping right after.

FRONT SET:

REAR SET:
1. Rara
2. 99 red SVT
3. LoveMySVT
4. ????BigJim ??????

BOTH SETS:
1. Kremithefrog
2. starjammir
3. KingpinSVT Ready to send cash
4. TourDeForce
5. mond12345 (NECO)
6. iluvmytour
7. Bensenvill (NECO)
8. ???DyComet????

I wanted to pick a set of these up, but unfortunatley I will not be able to send money by next weekend.

I feel bad because I said I was interested and would buy a set.

What about the Focus guys? If this would fit (and be benficial to them), someone should post info at focaljet.

What about the Focus guys? If this would fit (and be benficial to them), someone should post info at focaljet.

I don't know about that. The FSVT setup is offset 4mm for us contour guys but might not be offset at all for the regular focus guys. The question then would be is the offset already built into their brackets or not?
Also, what size stock rotors do the Focus guys run?

That's two questions that would need to be answered before we could attempt it.

Pole: I'm sorry but group buys are pains in the asses when you don't keep all the work in-house. I'm dealing with four different companies over the bracketry, spacers, and mounting hardware. That makes coordination tougher.
Too much stress when I already work, have an engine project in the garage, and tune engines now as well.

So, I'm taking advantage of some off time but I don't want this crap hanging over my head for two months while people get their stuff together.
I also am going to take vacation so I want to get the materials constructed beforehand or else there will be a two-week period that nothing will get shipped.

Ok, here's my situation. If this is something that will be available later, I'd be better off financially if I could wait a few months. BUT. I want this. So if this is my only oppertunity to get this kit then I'll make it happen.

Am I understanding you correctly that we have until this weekend to get in on this (now or never)?

FRONT SET:

REAR SET:
1. Rara
2. 99 red SVT
3. LoveMySVT
4. ????BigJim ??????

BOTH SETS:
1. Kremithefrog
2. starjammir
3. KingpinSVT Ready to send cash
4. TourDeForce
5. mond12345 (NECO)