• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

225 vs 245 tires...

Manimillion

Veteran CEG'er
523294_10100100458632795_90405289_43404118_923030480_n.jpg

Which tire in this picture is the 225 and which one is the 245? :shrug:

Well the first number in a tire size is the width and the second (aspect ratio) is the height. So based off that info the ones on the left are the 245's.

Are they both 17" tires? If they are both the same size and have the same aspect ratio then no I don't believe you. So what is the exact size of the 2 stacks?

what brand are the tires on the left? i know a 225 hoosier runs the same as say a 245 hankook (or real close to it) so i would believe it

You know you shouldnt be storing those tires on those nice wood floors, send them to me and ill find a place to store them for you.

yes brand it can vary, thats why i said should be 245 on left, not is 100%. I know when I put goodyear winter tires on my stock svt rims, exact same size as the pirelli summer tires that were on, the stack of four goodyears stacked beside where quite a bit shorter.

Wow that was really a surprise......and I used to sell tires and worked in a tire distribution center. So you got me on this one!

The picture is deceiving! But I agree, the tire manufacturer really makes a difference. Tire quality as well.

Ex: 225 falken may have a 225 width tread area but the contact patch on the ground may only measure 200-205mm. Then a 225 michelin has a full 225mm footprint. My .02

This thread is useless without pics of them on the car. I'd prefer to see the ones on the left on the car. :D

I am having doubts that they will fit without issues, which SUCKS! Those tires aint cheap at all!

I'm going to get one mounted on a wheel, test fit to make sure it'll work before I got and buy 4 new wheels to mount them on.

What wheels are you planning on? Dont you already have like two sets of wheels?

Yeah, but 1 set is for street tires, 1 set for dot slicks and now 1 more set for these wet radials.

Not sure about which wheels, but I refuse to run cheap wheels since it will be for track duty. I was speaking to centreline earlier this week, I might opt in for a set of those.

Back