• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2013 Cruise for a Cause - Wisconsin Dells Oct 4-6

SoundQ SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
Copied from the Central Illinois SVT and Performance Fords Facebook page...

To you and yours on this Holiday Season –I wanted to inform you to place the weekend of October 4th – 6th on your calendar for the 2013 Fall Cruise for a Cause. This year will be the beginning of something big that I hope you and all of those you know enjoy not only driving your Fords but looking at them as well? SVTOA, Team Shelby and now the ROUSH team are on board to offer the event of the year for the west side of the Great Lakes region.

An early look at the line up of events are an 18 hole golf tournament on Friday (best ball foursomes), specials on boat and duck tours, Friday night activity. Saturday car show lunch included followed by afternoon cruise and ending the day with the evening banquet possibly held inside Chula Vista’s 90,000 square foot facility displaying feature vehicles and specially chosen ones from the car show. Sunday will end with Autocross event, mini golf and a dice roll for a very special prize (working on it yet). The plan is to offer package pricing - with Friday golf and Sunday’s autocross as an added option. To do this we will be working on a price that is hopefully not to high but will cover all of the costs and to also raise some funds for the reason I am doing what I am – to run down cancer!!! Early numbers show around $80/single, $140 couple and $25 per child. Of course I am going to do what I can to hopefully lower that number but I do believe for what you will get it is a value. Rooms cost extra To date we have been promised in attendance the Mustang Customizer rig from Ford, ROUSH Performance rig (this event will be listed as their Road Crew Event), along with a display by the Ring BrothersJ!!!

I will be working hard to add other prominent businesses that we as Ford fans will want to visit with and see what they have to offer us. If you can please offer me your feedback as to what you are interested in and your plans that would be great. I of course will be asking for volunteers to help with the check in, car show and other duties so let me know if willing to help out. Also if you know of any business that may want to show their support and make a donation or even set up a display we are now a 501c3 charity so it is fully deductible – have them contact me. Now smile or else J Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!!!

Dan & Linda
Cruise for a Cause

This sounds like something I might try to do next year. Anyone else interested in representing CEG with me?

Yes, if you can provide a link ill post it on both the explorer forum and the national lightning club as well as send it to any local blue oval fans I know.

Back