• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2012 Fall Dragon Run thread-10th anniversary! (10-11/10-14-12)

Thanks for posting this Bob, much appreciated and passed along to the other sites as well. BTW, you going to be able to make it out with us this year?

As long as I have the Cash I'm in for this. It's super fun and I'll already be going to it two other times this year so why not a third LOL

At least there is no talk of hybrids and gas mileage here!

Today's mileage was 37.9 mpg but it was kinda going down before the new tires/wheels, this next tank will tell the story though, but its going to be warm too, whatever it is, is what it is, I don't care because the car looks sooooooooooooo much better and besides, summer grade fuel is right around the corner, along with higher gas prices! I paid $4.33 for premium today, so I'm all about the mpg's right now, well, I have been for some time now, LOL. Good thing you've got that short ride to work now Hectour!

Trey, I checked out that vid and found some others on YouTube, scary stuff, glad you guys were ok during that, crazy! I heard tornado sirens twice since I've been in this apartment and all I could do was grab the cats and get into the bathroom.

SVO, welcome aboard, another Dragon vet is always welcome, what you driving? Pics?

premium is 3.97 here 3.67 i fillled up yesterday 3/8 tanks was 84 dollars 17.1 mpg!!!
of raw uncut five liters of fury horsepower.... in a truck

Here is a pic of it I'm gonna post more of it in the intro section

c86ac5d9.jpg

Looks pretty good SVO!

Now, there's been a shift of "homebase", mainly because of the down time that plagued the site, check out www.xceedspeed.com for the most banter and up to date info, like the cabin debate going on now. This is why I got the threads started so early. I will still come in here to keep things current and updated. This run has been going on here since 2003 and will continue to be. There will be alot of cool rides there this year and as always, Contours are VERY welcome, its always going to be the car that started this run and I hope we've always got atleast one there, that tradition has always been intact, let's keep it that way guys!

Noobs are especially wanted for this run, its the way we continue to grow, not to mention the other forums, everyone brings something new to the table but the variety is always good as well.

BTW, more pics please!

Looks pretty good SVO!

Now, there's been a shift of "homebase", mainly because of the down time that plagued the site, check out www.xceedspeed.com for the most banter and up to date info, like the cabin debate going on now. This is why I got the threads started so early. I will still come in here to keep things current and updated. This run has been going on here since 2003 and will continue to be. There will be alot of cool rides there this year and as always, Contours are VERY welcome, its always going to be the car that started this run and I hope we've always got atleast one there, that tradition has always been intact, let's keep it that way guys!

Noobs are especially wanted for this run, its the way we continue to grow, not to mention the other forums, everyone brings something new to the table but the variety is always good as well.

BTW, more pics please!

The rest of my pix are in the Intro section lol.

Look what FedEx dropped off today. something in a big wooden crate.

IMG_20120326_114509.jpg

I wonder what is inside?

IMG_20120326_115541.jpg

A freshly rebuilt and high temp clear coated transmission. :cool:

IMG_20120326_121123.jpg

too bad it will have to sit for a few more weeks before I can get it mounted to the engine and back in the car.

Back