• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2008 UofM SAE car show

ancientsanskrit

Hard-core CEG'er
Well, just a heads up that this event is coming sometime mid-month, next month. I got the heads up from my buddy while talking to him the other day. I'll post up the link when they confirm it.

We had a blast last year in Ann Arbor and had 4 CEG'ers show up. Amazingly, we pretty much dominated the award ceremony. Would be nice for you guys to continue the tradition this year. Unfortunately, I will not be showing up as I'm no longer in MI, but thought I would spread the word for those interested. I've been going for the last four years and while it seems the events are getting a bit smaller (though it gives you a better chance to win an award!), it still is tons of fun. Last year they had Ford SVT as a sponsor and brought down a GT as well as a plethora of other cool cars. They usually throw in a free t-shirt and free food for competitors, so that's always nice, too.

we had like 6 contours show up, and 3 of them took awards, so I think I might show up, I have a better chance of winning something this year.

What was the website to register?

Well, I believe they are still working everything out, but anyways here's the link in which you will have to register: http://www.engin.umich.edu/soc/sae/index.htm.

Under events, you'll Annual MSAE Car Show and to the side 2008 Registration. However, the page is still under construction as they're currently working the logistics out this year.

I usually get an email about it since I am on their mailing list and will update you guys, however it may not hurt to check it out from time to time to determine if they updated it.

some guy with a bad ass svt contour one best of show last year:eek:

a34e2e0d.jpg

i think i'm gonna have to get my caliper paint now too. might as well make it purty! lol, i can't believe how much i've bought for this thing in the last 3 months and i still can't drive it..lmao

2 kdws
tie rod end
ball joint
ksports
4 bolt control arm
axle
strut mounts
strut bearings
knuckle w/ wheel bearing
new torsen
1/2 and 3/4 synchros and brass

oh, and i just ordered red g2 paint for my TCEs....GOOOO!!!

needless to say the front left might as well be brand new maybe i should do a wheel off showing...lol

Back