• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 2000 3L Cougar

MidOH3LCougar

CEG'er
Been contemplating this, still mixed emotions about getting rid of it, but.... we'll see.

$3500 OBO

2000 Cougar v6 5 speed.
3L motor swap, dyno tuned with SCT. 170 at the wheels. (i was going to have NPG retune it later)
SCT programmer with software is included.

82,xxx on body
38,xxx on motor

Battery is only 6 months old.
New Ford slave cylinder installed 2k miles ago.
Both axles new 2k ago.
Passenger wheel bearing and hub new 2k ago.
Brand new tires, only 2k on them.
Factory CD player (speakers are aftermarket and sound awesome)
Tail light covers (need color matched and installed)
Billet shorty antenna
Smoked side markers

I have a bunch of spare parts from a 2000 i parted out, tons of small stuff (22 items i just put on ebay this morning will end if car is sold), extra sub frame, set of wheels but the tires are junk. 2.5 engine with 86k on it.

AC system was removed.
Needs a belt (non a/c) and tensioner. Less than $50 for both.
Small brake fluid and power steering leak, i havent been able to find yet.
The body isnt absolutely perfect, there are some minor scuffs, and theres a small dent in the rear drivers door area, and a small dent in the rear of the passenger door area.
Also, the door ajar light stays on, one of the door or hatch sensors.
Coolant low light stays on, i swapped the sensor and it didnt fix it. From what ive read, its probably just a little gunk down in there where the sensor sits that needs cleaned out.

Some of you may have read in my thread, seems the diff is wore out, but i have my old diff that i was going to swap in to fix the clunk issue.

IMAG2171.jpg

IMAG2175.jpg

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back