• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2 bolt or 4 bolt LCAs?

Tisby

CEG'er
I can't figure out which one my car is. I looked at it and there's 5 bolts total, but I'm not sure which one to count. I remember Goonz had posted a picture of each on the old forums, but now I can't find that. Car was manufactured 4/00 if that helps...

I can't figure out which one my car is. I looked at it and there's 5 bolts total, but I'm not sure which one to count. I remember Goonz had posted a picture of each on the old forums, but now I can't find that. Car was manufactured 4/00 if that helps...

98.5 or 99+ have the 2 bolt arms, look where the arm bolts to the subframe, there should be two vertical bolts for each arm

the 4 bolt arms have four bolts on each arm to the subframe

2000 model generally has 2 bolts IIRC, mine does but its the SVT so not 100% on that.

Back