• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2.5 to 3.0

Well wouldnt have to be. It would just take some getting use to being that the other 17 vehicles ive owned were left hand drive.

Last edited:
I have had lots of "fast " rwd sports cars for less than 10 grand manual trans differentials than dont explode when you dump the clutch at five grand
still got 25mpg
and were fun because of RWD
If your gonna spend a pile of money get something rear wheel drive with a v8 no need for power upgrades .
Dont get me wrong i love contours i have had 4.They great for fuel mileage ,cheap price and for beating around town gettin groceries.

Maybe he likes his contour. Why the propaganda for a RWD car? The kid just asked about boring his 2.5, not what he could get that was better or comparable for the same price. :nonono:

Good point he didnt ask for my opinion on why boring an engine for a contour is waste of money.To buy a real sports car instead.Sorry i get carried away sometimes.
I guess what i meant was, if he ever owned a rwd sports car . He would forget about boring a 2.5 liter v6 I know i did!!!
I guess that is my fatherly instinct
I wasted a pile of money when i was a kid on junk i didnt need.Big stereo system high dollar exhaust systems
If i saved all that money i could of bought a corvette brand new CASH.Or paid my house off which would be more intelligent i guess.haha

Last edited:
I wasn't asking for me. I was asking for my dad. He already has a 77' Camaro which runs 10's in the quarter mile. So were not worried about rear wheel drive cars.

10's is def fast .

images

Back