• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2.0 Zetec Mystique VS. 4.0 Ranger... both 5 speeds

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
I was just wondering wat you guys think about this race? would it be a good one and if so, who do u think would win???? I'll give you guys the answer after i hear some of ur opinions...

well if it were my zetec then i wouldnt have a problem beating the ranger.

also i hope that your story happened at a track or it will be locked and you will get a warning. no street racing stories here.

Last edited:
My 2.9L Ranger will walk all over my SVT off the line - that's a no brainer as there's way more torque down low plus RWD gets better traction. But that's V6 vs. V6. The race you are proposing is a bit lopsided. Even not mentioning which 4.0 engine the Ranger has, it would still be the Ranger all the way. IMHO.
Karl

Ranger wins since it has a better power to weight ratio (Im assuming its the 4x2 Ranger since the initial post in pretty vague). Of course, in these "who will win threads" for all we know, both of you are bad drivers. :shrug:

Im guessing since your posting this thread, you won. :)

Last edited:
I'll move this thread to the proper forum where it belongs... this time.

Please pay attention to where you post on this site, in order to avoid excess work for myself, and "excess profile-irritation" on your part.

I myself have raced around in a Ranger 4.0, and while they are quick off the line, they lack in the upper...

For the first 1/8 mile he had the lead, but after that i took him in the whole shot. i ran a 16.52 at 81.3 mph where he ran something like a 17.01 at 80.6 mph. Mystique Zetec FTW

For the first 1/8 mile he had the lead, but after that i took him in the whole shot. i ran a 16.52 at 81.3 mph where he ran something like a 17.01 at 80.6 mph. Mystique Zetec FTW
You took him off the line then? Then it was more driver performance than vehicle. Plus depending on which 4.0 (pushrod or OHC?), there's a vast (and vaster) horsepower difference between the 4.0 and the 2.0. Add in the weight difference between the two vehicles. Something doesn't add up. Anyway...
Karl

The ranger was an OHC, well i'm just glad to say i beat someone. Idc if the ranger is supposed to run 16's. I just proved to him that i'm a better driver.

Back