• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 1998 SVT Contour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Tilly

CEG'er
I have For sale is my 1998 Ford SVT Contour. It has a 2.5L V6 with a 5 speed manual transmission. I Recently bought a truck. I bought this car a few years ago at 116xxx miles. It Had a blown Clutch. I ended up finding out how very little rust it had. I had the car Undercoated by a shop. There is NO check engine light on. Located in Cedar Rapids Iowa.

First I'll start with the bad.
-- No A/C. I honestly do not know what is wrong with it. I have never diagnosed the a/c system. It could be as simple as a switch, but i do not know. I have been fine with the windows down, so i just never diagnosed it.
-- The car has some scratches, dings, and some paint fade in a few spots. (It is a 17 year old car.) Some clearcoat is gone from front bumper and rear.
-- Rear bumber has a crack in it. ( I bought it this way)
-- There is no Rear Sway bar endlinks. When I bought it I was annoyed by the rattle in the back, so I Removed them. Just never reinstalled new ones.
-- E brake desnt hold very well. Broke this past winter. I just stick it in 1st gear when I park it. Haven't diagnosed this either.

Now the Good:
-- VERY LITTLE RUST for these cars. ROCKERS ARE SOLID.
-- Sunroof Works/All windows roll down/up
-- Interior in good shape. no rips or tears.
-- Radio Works.
-- Heat Works.

-when I bought the car at 116xxx miles it had these things replaced:

-- Clutch and slave cylinder was replaced with LUK clutch kit.
-- Transmission had 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, Synchronizers Replaced by Cedar Rapids Transmission. I was told that the Differential looks good.
-- Flywheel was resurfaced
-- Rear Struts and strut mounts. Replaced with BAT struts
-- All Four Brake Rotors and Brake pads replaced.

Somewhere around 120,xxx miles I replaced all Spark plugs and Wires with OEM Motorcraft.

- At 126xxx Miles these things were replaced.

- I pulled the Entire engine/transmission and replaced a lot of gaskets/seals.
-- Rear Main Seal - Felpro
-- Front Crank Seal - Felpro
-- Front Timing Cover Gasket - Felpro
-- Both Valve Cover Gaskets - Felpro
-- Upper and Lower Intake Manifold Gasket - Felpro
-- Oil Pan Gasket - you guessed it - Felpro
-- Front Control Arms Replaced. Came with New ball joints - Monroe
-- Front Struts and Strut mounts. Replaced with BAT Struts.
-- New Power steering pump Replaced - AC Delco
-- Transmission Fluid replaced with Royal Purple Syncromax.
-- Coolant is also new with Peak Antifreeze.
-- Power steering Fluid Replaced with new.
-- Oil Change done at this time.
-- New Serpentine Belt - Motorcraft
-- Vehicle had an Alignment at Goodyear.
-- Installed Brand new Fuel injector Wiring harness.
-- idler pulley replaced
-- Tensioner pully replaced.
-- Cam and Crank Sensor Replaced.

- This spring the Battery was replaced with AutoCraft Gold

Thats all I can think of at the moment. This car has come a long ways from what it use to be. Someone is getting a good SVT Contour. Ready to drive. Car shifts smooth in all gears. Runs Great.

This car Books on NADA for $3850. Asking $2900 or best offer. Cash only.

If I think of something else Ill update the Information. Thanks for looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back