• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 1998 SVT Contour (HMS trans, Torsen, MSDS headers, Borla, FSVT brakes, Konis, Eibachs...) - SoCal

Matty K

Hard-core CEG'er
Hi there!

For sale is my 1998 Ford Contour SVT. This car has been meticulously maintained and well-modded - it was my baby until we had real ones and had to buy a minivan (hence the sale). I'm the third owner and have had it for the last 50k miles or so, during which time I've replaced every major (and most minor) wear part imaginable including the clutch, tranny rebuild, water pump, alternator, and starter.

IMG_20130504_144228_zps689460de.jpg

IMG_20130504_144308_zpsd9070d9e.jpg

IMG_20130504_144240_zps63019494.jpg

IMG_20130504_144253_zpsf9009cab.jpg

IMG_20130504_144316_zpsd5399716.jpg

IMG_20130504_144513_zps9fd370e8.jpg

IMG_20130504_144446_zpse281578e.jpg

IMG_20130504_144414_zpsd0df4cc0.jpg

IMG_20130504_144532_zps80db0cae.jpg

General Info:
- 1998 Ford Contour SVT, build #3780
- 124,xxx miles
- Silver Frost exterior, Midnight Blue interior
- Power sliding and pop-up sunroof

Drivetrain Mods:
- Transmission fully rebuilt by Haines Motorsports with a Torsen limited slip differential, SlickShift forks and Focus tower
- Fidanza lightweight aluminum flywheel, OEM replacement clutch
- MSDS Headers and Y-Pipe with MIL eliminators
- Borla Catback exhaust (the rare full system, not just a muffler welded on to some crush-bent pipes)
- B&M Short Throw Shifter
- Redcoat Racing StreetLink
- Energy Suspension front trans mount inserts
- Brand new IMRC
- Brand new plugs and wires
- NOT INCLUDED in the sale price (but could be negotiated for) is a SCT XCAL2 programmer with two high-performance tunes for the car done by Nautilus Performance Group.

Suspension/Brakes/Wheels:
- Koni adjustable sport struts
- Eibach springs
- Focus SVT front brake conversion (discs/calipers/mounts)
- ADR 17" wheels, black with a polished lip
- Tuner locking lugs
- Nexen N3000 Z-rated tires
- Drilled/slotted rotors in all 4 corners
- Subframe connectors welded to the bottom of the chassis

Body/Interior:
- Aluminum Mustang fuel door installed; the door itself and the mounting bolts are powdercoated gunmetal grey
- Rear reflector professionally painted SIlver Frost
- 35% charcoal tint on all windows
- Smoke sidemarkers added
- Fiberglass eyelids on the headlights
- Sparco pedals and custom dead pedal
- B&M shifter knob and Transfer Racing e-brake handle powdercoated gloss black
- Custom made black leather with blue stitching shift boot, e-brake boot, and armrest cover
- Pre-98 Contour center console (radio relocated to the lower slot, pop-out cupholders and coin tray from a Taurus added to the upper slot). The car has THREE(!!) useful cupholders!
- Dashboard and all leather in very good shape; the back seat has pretty much never been used

Audio
- Kenwood CD/MP3 head unit
- iPod cable in the center console
- Pioneer speakers in the front doors
- Audiobahn speakers in the rear doors
- Tang Band 6" free-air sub in the rear deck powered by a Lightning Audio amp (about 100 watts)

The car runs great and is smogged and ready to go. The body is in fair-to-good condition. It has the usual paint chips and the like around the bottom edges of the bumper and one or two on the sideskirts; there's also some wear on the sides of the trunk from when the car had a spoiler that was simply 2Fast for me. The paint is in good shape otherwise with no visible fading and the underside appears to be totally free from rust as the car has always been in warm climates (Nevada and California). The interior is in very good shape with only the tiniest amount of dash warp above the bezel and none down by the vents since it has the early-style dash.

Price: $3795 OBO

The car is in south Orange County, CA, but I'm happy to work with out of state buyers. Please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Thanks,
Matt

Thanks AcGc!

It's good to get this car off the west coast. It needs to be able to get good Tex-Mex and to carry a gun without hassle! ;^)

Aaaaaaand sold. That has to be close to a CEG record, right?
When u've got sumthn good for sale, it gets bought. Especially with a great price considering all the mods it has.

Humorously this car came from Vegas, lol.
Really? A ceger? Other than two or three vegas cegers, i dunno any other that modded their cars to this extent that wasn't on here.

When u've got sumthn good for sale, it gets bought. Especially with a great price considering all the mods it has.
Really? A ceger? Other than two or three vegas cegers, i dunno any other that modded their cars to this extent that wasn't on here.

It was 7, maybe 8 years ago. It used to have a big Supra-style spoiler, vinyl roll call on the doors, etc... And like, an eighth of the mods it has now, lol.

I thought I might have it listed a little low but, like I said to Randy, I'd rather it goes to someone who knows and appreciates what it is and the work it has. I'll start feeding it pecan pie to prep it for its new home ;) .

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back