• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 1998.5 cSVT 3L $3700 obo

wondo

CEG'er
1998.5 e1 svt contour

~138k miles will go up as it is daily driven

Black on midnight blue

Leather, sunroof, power locks, etc.

New pads and rotors front and back within the past few months

Aftermarket exhaust (sounds good)

17" Enkie's with almost new tires

-I have the 2 jackpoint covers that are missing in the pictures

-Mustang gt throttle body

-The previous owner also replaced front struts with mounts, front control arms with ball joints, and spark plugs

-There is no rust on the car

The 3l swap was done by the previous owner with the donor motor pulled from an 05' sable with 20k miles. At that time the transmission had the synchros replaced, ztech final drive, and a torsen installed.

The not so great

-When the swap was done the ac hardware was removed

-The tps is throwing a code, however I plan to put a new one on this week

-there are some small dents

I absolutely love driving it, but I'm buying a new truck so it has to go. I try to be as honest as possible and have done my best to accurately describe the car.

Price is $3700

you can get ahold of me at 248-762-9980

The car is located in Wixom, MI 48393

-Austin

I need to clean the car but I know how we like to see pictures so here's a start

IMAG0197.jpg

IMAG0198.jpg

IMAG0196.jpg

IMAG0199.jpg

IMAG0200.jpg

IMAG0202.jpg

I just have to ask why do people remove the ac components? I know it's cold up north but I am sure it gets hot in the summer. Has this car been tuned or come with a xcal? I 'm kinda in the market for another svt but the whole ac system would be a big issue. I live in Ga and it gets quite hot here not to mention I have young kids.

this car used to be reddireds car and the 3l was done by bagged last time i rode in this car it was nice and a vary quick car

GLWS

Thanks, yeah it's quick I will miss it when it's gone.

I just have to ask why do people remove the ac components? I know it's cold up north but I am sure it gets hot in the summer. Has this car been tuned or come with a xcal? I 'm kinda in the market for another svt but the whole ac system would be a big issue. I live in Ga and it gets quite hot here not to mention I have young kids.

I don't know why they were removed, I don't know that it's what I would have done. It's been in the high 80's-low 90's all week and it's really not bad with the windows down sunroof open. At one time I had sourced the necessary hardware to put AC back in, however I work full time and have class 20 hours a week so when my schedule slows down it will probably be snowing here lol. It does not have an xcal not sure about tune.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back