• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1998.5 contour svt

Harley94

New CEG'er
Hi. I have a 98.5 contour SVT has 134K miles love the car ran very good was driving down the road 4th gear all of a sudden neutral can go through all

before you write off the transmission being bad, make sure your shift linkages are still connected. If you’ve lost everything, there’s a chance the linkages have come disconnected either at the shifter base or off the transmission. With 130k miles, things wear out and break at very inconvenient times.

When I put it in first gear or any gear and let out the clutch the car moves a hair like it wants to go but don't

Checked your clutch fluid level? Slave cylinder could have gone bad. Throw out bearing might have an issue and not engaging. Any weird noises? Does it make a growling or whining noise with the clutch pedal pushed in?

What was happening or what were you doing when the issue occurred? Details help!

Son was headed to work got off the e way turned the corner went about 1/4 mile car just wouldn't go anywhere like nutral in every gear

About 8 years ago I purchased the car it had a bad clutch it was hard to put it in gear any gear and sometimes i had to put it in first gear to start it and the car would move it now goes into any gear easy even while the car is running

Back