• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1/4 times with Nitrous

fordman302

Hard-core CEG'er
Ok ive read that the fastest record to date was a 13.2 on Nitrous..
Im reinstalling my Zex kit 75shot.
Im wanting to take it to the track..Im just wondering what times i should be looking at running..
I have MSDS Headers y-pipe, CAI, Clutch and Flywheel LSD. and a warmonger tune for nitrous.

And also what was done to the car that ran a 13.2 if anyone knows.

Thanks Joe.

Get some stickey mickey's :laugh:
Traction will be an issue - that is all I have to add, or at least drop your tire pressure down.

iirc there was someone here in cali that had a nitrous set up on his svt that was running like low 14's, i think his only other mods were intake and exhaust... he also had a rather large sub box in the rear where he hid the bottle (it was a pretty sweet setup). fmr12b knows who im talking about i believe, I dont think he posts anymore.

Well for traction i got some Nitto neo-gens they should hook..I use to run a Eagle F1 that were ok but they were bald and would spin alittle.

I remember reading Cougar99 or 99Cougar ran a 13.2 with a NX wet kit.
Im sure i could get a mid 14 or lower with good driving..

I had a lot of bolt on stuff. No SVT Cams or heads like you have. But i did have drag radials. Those are what really helped... got me down to a 8.5xx in the 1/8th and that is where you really gotta have a good time to run a good 1/4.

Edit: that was with a 125 shot BTW

I had a lot of bolt on stuff. No SVT Cams or heads like you have. But i did have drag radials. Those are what really helped... got me down to a 8.5xx in the 1/8th and that is where you really gotta have a good time to run a good 1/4.

Edit: that was with a 125 shot BTW

Ah 125 Progressive? or single stage
What other bolt on stuff did you have.

Ah 125 Progressive? or single stage
What other bolt on stuff did you have.

Single stage. It hit HARD! It overpowered the drag radials in first and second... but they still helped hold it pretty well. You could hear them "digging into the track". It was a fun ride. It's been quite a while since i ran that shot. Ran a bottle of the 100 shot a few months ago just to show people the car still ran... I have a xB daily driver now so the cougar just sits under the shed mostly.

I have I/H/E, Spec III/Fidanza, Torsen, SVT UIM/LIM, 65MM TB, GCs W/ Koni, and the NX wet kit.

Single stage. It hit HARD! It overpowered the drag radials in first and second... but they still helped hold it pretty well. You could hear them "digging into the track". It was a fun ride. It's been quite a while since i ran that shot. Ran a bottle of the 100 shot a few months ago just to show people the car still ran... I have a xB daily driver now so the cougar just sits under the shed mostly.

I have I/H/E, Spec III/Fidanza, Torsen, SVT UIM/LIM, 65MM TB, GCs W/ Koni, and the NX wet kit.

Nice Yeah i have a 6 puck 12 button stage2 clutch Fidanza Flywheel..I/H/E Koni kit..Torsen..
Im hoping to get in a mid 14 or so give or take.
And with some D/R im sure it could be better.. We shall see.

Back