• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

'01 BMW 530i detail. Yikes.

Yes I do agree Todd, but I only do a few cars a year cause I dont want to get burned out on it. I did that viper and shortly after that I did a g wagon for one of her friends and when her buddy gets back from europe I will be doing his gallardo and thats it for a while. Its takes me 8 hours+ to do a car, then again I am way too anal about things when I detail someones car.

I spend about 6-8 hrs. too. You have to draw the line. My main concern is paint protection. I used NXT on his BMW because it gets driven every day. The Vette got more of a wet look since it stays in the garage mostly. I'm getting business cards made up this w/e and he is going to distribute at his BNI group. Some guys woth Porsche's etc. :cool: High end cars are much more rewarding. And the guys don't blink when you give them a price.

Yes I do agree Todd, but I only do a few cars a year cause I dont want to get burned out on it. I did that viper and shortly after that I did a g wagon for one of her friends and when her buddy gets back from europe I will be doing his gallardo and thats it for a while. Its takes me 8 hours+ to do a car, then again I am way too anal about things when I detail someones car.

See it takes me like 3 days for a 4 coat system..:shrug:

I am soo anal i hate waxing my car because i have to acutally wax it and rub it into the paint. Not just pass it over quicky and wipe it off. When i use a buffer i spend 10-20 mins and each body panel. Then taking if off takes me 40 mins. thats just 1 coat. Then i end up applying 4 different coats with me doing 2 panels a day.

Oh rims come off the car etc etc. Door trims panels blah blah blah. Once i do one thing i end up doing everything else. It took me 5 days to finsh detailing my car :laugh:.

pretty sure saying " I WISH YOU WOULD :censored::censored::censored::censored:ING DIE" is not tolerated as well :help:

Wishing and calling are 2 totaly different things just to let you know. Thats why you can tell a cop "I think you are a pig" and not get in trouble for it, its freedom of speech. But hey whatever, what do I know I am just a dbag:laugh::laugh:

I spend about 6-8 hrs. too. You have to draw the line. My main concern is paint protection. I used NXT on his BMW because it gets driven every day. The Vette got more of a wet look since it stays in the garage mostly. I'm getting business cards made up this w/e and he is going to distribute at his BNI group. Some guys woth Porsche's etc. :cool: High end cars are much more rewarding. And the guys don't blink when you give them a price.

Ok cool, yeah the paint is my # 1 too, its all about presentation and 1st impressions, everything else can be so so as long as the outside is perfect. But I also do everything else with a fine tooth comb. I can tell you are good and thats just in pics Todd, stay with it and I am sure you will get more and more clients with each car you do man.

Yes Harrry I am the same with my car before a big show, for Nopi Nationals every year I take 2 days off work prior and spend 8-10 straight hours on the car each day, and thats not counting all the hours weeks prior to the show. My car isnt driven 2 weeks before Nopi, and this year is gonna suck cause I am showing them both! Talk about alot of work ahead of me:crazy:

Nice work Todd. Keep the pics coming. You already have a sweet two car resume, not including yours, so the biz should come nicely. After seeing your client's cars though, I don't think I could afford you, LOL

im not going to keep bickering with todd, obviously we must be each others cryptonite because we hate each other. harry, my age is not of your concern, if you really care you can pm me.

Yeah but when you meet Todd he isnt a bad guy, I thought for years I hated him but met him at sz this year and he is a good guy. Buuuuuuut yall need to stop and get back on topic.

So Todd what else do you have planned to detail?

BTW these aren't the first cars I've done. Just the first posted about. I don't have any lined up right now but we'll see what the week brings. Might build a web page and start getting my name out there. Not sure why I've never thought about starting a detail business. Even if it's on the side.

Back