• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vortech build

th
WOO HOO

Well more trouble. But i did make

308whp /270 at 6psi

Issue, fuel pressure is dropping at 6k like rock. So could not push it to redline. Got a lot more in it as i know it will do 10psi

WOW ..... sounds like you've got a great base to build on.

more details.... more pictures..... even some vid .......... if you can tear yourself away from driving it lol ......G.

Yeah i got dyno graphs and video, trying to figure out my fuel supply issue at the moment.

That walbro isn't very old... Has anyone ever maxed out a 2.5L return fuel rail? Thats pretty much all i can think of.

err ...... not sure that the stock unit is up to the job. It's vacuum operated ... how have you got it plumbed ?

Didn't Vortech supply an uprated regulator of some description ?

There is so much choice on ebay etc I have an FSE ....G.

th

No they sold a FMU which ups fuel pressure so you can use stock injectors. It's a bad idea.

I don't see a reason the stock regulator is a issue at this level, its plumbed stock. People have made more power than me on this rail/regulator.

..... well if the fuel pump is uprated ... it could be you have reached the limit of the fuel filter. You could try putting a Y piece in the fuel line and running a pair of filters and if necessary later, running a larger fuel line to the rail .

on that FSE regulator you can, as with the other after market regulators, reset the fuel pressure manually. You can also monitor the pressure as the engine runs up ....useful info. What does the fuel pressure trace look like on your dyno graph ?

...so your regulator vacuum pipe is connected to the intake before the Vortech ? ... G..

No it's seeing manifold pressure. TEE'ed into the UIM, so it will see boost.

erm, you'll have to explain how a vac. operated device works under pressure..

Vid is great ...can't hear the vortech ... do you have to be round the front ?

How did the dyno guy tell the fuel pressure was dropping off ? cos the A.F. begins to lean out ?

looks like leaner up top began to give more power or do you think that is cam's . . ...G.

BTW; congrat's on pushing on to the finish.

- I honestly could not tell you how a regulator works with boost LOL.

- No vid in the front, can't hear the supercharger anyway unless you are in car or at idle.

- I have a electric fuel pressure gauge in car.

- More power up top is due to boost not a/f ratio, the car has at least 4 more psi in the next 2000 RPM to redline.

well if I had to stick my neck out ... I'd say that the fuel reg. doesn't work under boost and that the fuel pump ran out of legs cos the reg. was wide open the whole time.

Hopefully someone that knows for sure will chip in with the answer, so you can narrow your search

Are you running oil to the Vortech from the rear cam. oil gallery .... interested in how quiet it runs with oil supply from the head ....G.

I understand where you are coming from, i know for a fact people ran more boost than me through oem regulator. Reebs, Stilov, too name a few. I don't think im doing anything revolutionary.

Here we go. Fast Cougars "Project: Mavro Gato" This car was 11 PSI+ 400 whp, way more boost than i'll ever make. Stock regulator/rail.
img_4129.jpg

.I looked up regulators and under boost your regulator should be shut tight.

... is your fuel regulator leaking pressure ?

With the engine idling, vacuum hose off, pinch the return hose and see if the pressure goes up .......G.

Back