• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Amp wiring (not speakers, the amp)

SVTED

Veteran CEG'er
I know you guys talk about bypassing the stuff but I don't have a bypass thing. (Why do you guys insist on bypassing it anyway?)

I already cut the thick gray cable to expose all the amp wiring. So I just have to connect the amp wires with the connector to the deck now but I can't find the color codes for the amp wiring.

yeah dont do that, with using the factory amp and an aftermarket radio... I have seen all kinds of listening related issues, get a bypass or get the wiring diagram to bypass the factory amp, you will thank my later.

yeah dont do that, with using the factory amp and an aftermarket radio... I have seen all kinds of listening related issues, get a bypass or get the wiring diagram to bypass the factory amp, you will thank my later.
such as :shrug: and he already cut the cable so.....

okay well we're gonna patch it back up... lol

but what happens if i just extend the speaker output wires to the deck wiring without the bypass?

That's what the bypass harness does so yes it will work. The harness just makes it easier to do off the car and revert back to stock easily.

Okay what the hell is going on. I looked at the wiring diagram, printed it out and took it outside only to realize some of the wiring color doesn't match. For example, I have a black/yellow wire in the speaker wiring when i should have a brown/yellow and it's definitely a black/yellow :confused:

If you want the best way to wire an aftermarket setup. Run brand new wires. Depending on your power output, I'd say use 14 gauge from the head unit to the amp (if your using and amp) and then 12 or even 10 gauge to the speakers. You end up saving a crap load of time running new wires and it usually makes it sound better.

Back