• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

amp cable

royalblue

In time out with LUCA
100_6686.jpg
100_6685.jpg
:shrug: ok I've read the sticky's and such and most think that the stock amp is a joke ,but here is the thing. The previous owner left it a mess and I've fixed it and have a "new one from the U pull it" . I was wondering if anybody knows the wiring order for the amp cable :shrug: the colors are as follows--
white w/ orange
green
light blue w/ black
yellow
white w/ red
brown
purple w/ white
light blue
looking for the proper pair's of wire's and the speaker location they serve :help:
not looking for a pissing match about the amp being junk ,thanks in advance if you can help

The color os the speaker wires in the dash are white, green, purple and gray then IIRC they all switch colors once run through the car. You'd probably have to pull each speaker out of the door and see what color wires it uses. HTH.

The color os the speaker wires in the dash are white, green, purple and gray then IIRC they all switch colors once run through the car. You'd probably have to pull each speaker out of the door and see what color wires it uses. HTH.
thanks, but this much I know

what exactly are you trying to do? and the pictures above are what you pulled out or what?

what exactly are you trying to do? and the pictures above are what you pulled out or what?
yes the pics are of my old cable , my cd player has been having error issues and I have a cheep durabrand player that works I just wanted to run it thru the amp if I can get the correct firing order so to speak for the amp cable

you know that if you replaced that original cable that normally runs from the stock radio to the amp that you can get an integration harness that you plug that square end into and has the leads to hook up to the aftermarket unit. then you dont have to figure out all that other bs........... just a thought for ya if i understand what your doing correctly. I may even have one sitting around in my audio stuff.

you know that if you replaced that original cable that normally runs from the stock radio to the amp that you can get an integration harness that you plug that square end into and has the leads to hook up to the aftermarket unit. then you dont have to figure out all that other bs........... just a thought for ya if i understand what your doing correctly. I may even have one sitting around in my audio stuff.
but with this mess all I have to do is plug it in once the wiring order is correct
doesn't anybody know the wiring order:shrug:

fyi, you can acccess wiring info. at crutchfield if you have ever been a customer...hopefully, this link will work for you...

http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/crutchfield.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=4816
Your my hero :cool: this is exactly what I was looking for thank you very much the previous work was very close but was one pair of wire's backwards . I fixed it and tried connecting everything to my aftermarket HU and:shrug::shrug::mad::mad: I did some more research and found out that the factory radio actually sends out a 5.0 volt power signal to the amp:rolleyes:
You guy's probably think I'am :crazy: but I have a plan

Your my hero :cool: this is exactly what I was looking for thank you very much the previous work was very close but was one pair of wire's backwards . I fixed it and tried connecting everything to my aftermarket HU and:shrug::shrug::mad::mad: I did some more research and found out that the factory radio actually sends out a 5.0 volt power signal to the amp:rolleyes:
You guy's probably think I'am :crazy: but I have a plan
if you would just get the harness im telling you about it would be soooooooooo much easier lol

if you would just get the harness im telling you about it would be soooooooooo much easier lol
I'am cheap and all ready had all of these parts laying around so :shrug:
besides where's your sence of adventure:laugh:

sorry i used to be an installer and I am anal about doing stuff "properly" when it comes to installs.
it's:cool:don't be sorry , I like doing it right also but also like to build it my self like I said (cheap) .:rolleyes:

WOW... That has to be one of the weirder adapter setups I've seen lately..... You might as well just go down to the store and buy a new radio for like $80, bypass the factory amp and call it a day...

As for the wires colors in those amp harnesses, they are listed usually as NCA and just show black lines in my mitchell program. They usually don't go into detail on the color of those gray amp cables.... Guess they didn't figure average joes would be hacking them off and then trying to hook up their radios...

Back